What Evidence Would it Take For You to Accept Creationism as a Valid Explanation?

Comments

• Reply 81 of 113
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fellowship

I lend credit to science as well as our creator.

Fellowship

I think it's time to call in the collection agency...the creator is long past due.
  • Reply 82 of 113
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    The endless debate on this subject in AO proves that there is no real evolution.
  • Reply 83 of 113
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

I think it's time to call in the collection agency...the creator is long past due.

Jesus Saves, Satan Bounces Cheques,

but darn near every television fundie show is claiming the omnipotent one needs your cash??
  • Reply 84 of 113
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kage2050

Revelation is a letter from John (the one who was blinded on his way to Damascus to kill him some Christians)

Paul had the "road to Damascus" experience.

How could you be a reliable exigetical resource but don't know the difference between Paul and John?
  • Reply 85 of 113
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    John... Paul... Ringo.

I notice the only thing you disputed is the name, and not the merits of the real point of the post.
  • Reply 86 of 113
    The rest of his post, I believe, is just as inaccurate and poorly expressed.

IMO anyone who claims to have read the Bible several times but can't distinguish between Paul and John is trying to sell me a bill of goods.\
  • Reply 87 of 113
    kage2050kage2050 Posts: 10member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

Paul had the "road to Damascus" experience.

How could you be a reliable exigetical resource but don't know the difference between Paul and John?

<renders respect> You're right. Saul became _Paul_ on the road to Damascus.

Another reason for everyone to read for themselves before taking the word of un-detail-oriented people like myself. So don't "get sold," read for yourself.
  • Reply 88 of 113
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I remember reading about that in sunday school, the saul-->paul thing, and I always thought Saul was a cooler name.
  • Reply 89 of 113
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

The rest of his post, I believe, is just as inaccurate and poorly expressed.

IMO anyone who claims to have read the Bible several times but can't distinguish between Paul and John is trying to sell me a bill of goods.\

Oh please. You're being a tool. How about elaborating instead of simply brushing off due to a simple mistake of a name. One which Kage has just admitted to making. It was an accident.
  • Reply 90 of 113
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Yes, but God's Chosen Ones are incapable of such things.
  • Reply 91 of 113
    One time I called Champ Baily Charles Woodson. That doesn't mean I am not a walking football encyclopedia. It didn't invalidate the point I was making about the cornerback. It just meant I had a brain fart and mixed up a name.

In other words, dmz, don't be a douche.
  • Reply 92 of 113
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    my grandfather's name was saul... my other grandfather was max... so much cooler than my name... so much cooler than my sibs names...

billybobsky, bringing the intellectual level of this thread down, one post at a time...
  • Reply 93 of 113
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

my grandfather's name was saul... my other grandfather was max... so much cooler than my name... so much cooler than my sibs names...

billybobsky, bringing the intellectual level of this thread down, one post at a time...

I'm going to name my son Maxsaul

Wrong Robot, Bringing the intellectual level of this thread down, one post at a time...
  • Reply 94 of 113
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

Oh please. You're being a tool. How about elaborating instead of simply brushing off due to a simple mistake of a name. One which Kage has just admitted to making. It was an accident.

This is no way in God's green Earth that you're going to get me into a discussion on the Book of Revelations, I won't even do that at church.

The part about creation....Ireally have to disagree with because it's a non-issue---somehow, how Man was created has something to do with his being created in the image of God. I don't agree.

As for Jesus, and the children thing, the doctrine and teachings of Christ are much more complicated than that.

Anyway. Christian thinking is MUCH more layered and nuanced than it's being portrayed here. Here's a web site where you can hook up with some of it. Mars Hill Audio

*gives self paper cut, pours lemon juice on it, and leaves thread*
  • Reply 95 of 113
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    dmz...

um... doesn't it strike you as apparent that the christian thinking of now is different and possibly contrary to thinking in the past and thinking in the future... i'm just saying...
  • Reply 96 of 113
    In other words, Kage is wrong, cause this link says so.

Nice rebuttle.
  • Reply 97 of 113
    Quote:

MARS HILL AUDIO exists to assist Christians who desire to move from thoughtless consumption of modern culture to a vantage point of thoughtful engagement.

Should be more like "Mars Hill Audio: We think so you don't have to!"
  • Reply 98 of 113
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Should be more like "Mars Hill Audio: We think so you don't have to!"

I get the feeling dmz is trying to sell some cassettes and CDs
  • Reply 99 of 113
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kage2050

And then Jesus told us to "be as the little children." Do little kids take things seriously? NO. Lets go play!

N. O. Brown? . . . . sound familiar to you?

BTW . . . I turn around and missed all the fun in this thread . . . boohoo
  • Reply 100 of 113
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Stoo

Are you sure that they're gill remnants and not something else?

Well, they look like gills, they are at the same place where gills are in fishes...

If you don't like gills, what about a tail? The human embryo develops a tail which reaches maximal length at the sixt week and then later shortens again.