another great microsoft media buy

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
on this very site, which one can only assume has not only an extremely high user rate for apple products, but also a very high distain for all things microsoft, is a media buy that has me scratchin my head.

microsoft has purchased and is using banner space for their "one note" product that is only available for windows. Now why anyone would want this lame product in the first place is beyond me.

just to confirm i actually signed up for the download trial and was taken to a page to download a shiny-new .exe file.

lame. lame. lame.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Quote:

Originally posted by richardtruss

on this very site, which one can only assume has not only an extremely high user rate for apple products, but also a very high distain for all things microsoft

High disdain in general maybe, but I doubt most of us will shun a good product *only* because it's made by Microsoft. Remember, they also make good products.

Office:mac

Visual Studio

keyboards, joysticks and mice

Excel

Project

.Net platform

(I only have proper firsthand experience on some of these but I have a positive impression on all due to word-of-mouth, etc)
  • Reply 2 of 3
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

High disdain in general maybe, but I doubt most of us will shun a good product *only* because it's made by Microsoft. Remember, they also make good products.

Office:mac

Visual Studio

keyboards, joysticks and mice

Excel

Project

.Net platform

(I only have proper firsthand experience on some of these but I have a positive impression on all due to word-of-mouth, etc)

Visual studio??? strange, that only makes apps for windows which is the platform people here dont like so.....if windows isnt a good product, how can its tightly wolven and integrated programing suit be good?

(dot)net is pretty cool for some things, but frankly, I would rather just use XML
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gon

be that as it may, the real point here is that they are advertising a windows-only product on a mac only site.

how does that make sense?