Throwback uniforms/jerseys

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
In tonight's Milwaukee Brewers vs. Atlanta Braves game, the Brewers are wearing throwback uniforms. What's so funny about that? They're wearing Milwaukee Braves uniforms...rofl. I was really freakin' confused as I flipped channels past TBS...

Worst throwbacks ever?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I kinda like the old Atlanta jerseys actually. The shit-brown Padres unis have to take the prize though, in any sport.
  • Reply 2 of 11
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Funny you mentioned it: There are a lot of revisionist 70s/80s fashions making their rounds these days.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    homhom Posts: 1,098member
    They're ugly. That's the reason teams don't use them anymore.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    nwhyseenwhysee Posts: 151member
    That Astros Ryan jersey is considered one of the most popular throwbacks Mitchell & Ness make.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Reminds me of my baseball card collecting days over 10 years ago.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    actually, eugene, the worst throwbacks ever are -- and i can say this havign rooted for them so long AND having a beach towel with the old logo and colors --

the tampa bay buccaneers.

funny thing is, it's REALLY DIFFICULT to find images on the net of those old uni's anymore. it's like the entire bay area wants to just forget 1976-1996.

can't say i blame 'em.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rok

actually, eugene, the worst throwbacks ever are -- and i can say this havign rooted for them so long AND having a beach towel with the old logo and colors --

the tampa bay buccaneers.

funny thing is, it's REALLY DIFFICULT to find images on the net of those old uni's anymore. it's like the entire bay area wants to just forget 1976-1996.

can't say i blame 'em.

I like those outfits . . . would love to see a good picture of them.

I could imagine some present day uniforms becoming throwbacks without any sadness . . . like the Panthers, or even Jacksonville: they could use some improvements too.

And the Rams: they should go back to yellow . . . o even better back to green and white!
  • Reply 8 of 11
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    I vote we get rid of throwbacks.

Oh, and retro sneakers are in now...I dont really understand it. When I was in elementary school people used to clown you for wearing last season's model.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I like the old Astros and Padres uniforms. I remember the White Sox having some really bad ones and Pittsburgh had funny hats. I'm also glad my favorite football team went permanent throwback with their gear, the Jets classic uniforms are way better than the darker green they wore when I was growing up.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by trick fall

I remember the White Sox having some really bad ones and Pittsburgh had funny hats.

The White Sox wore shorts for a while, but the old jerseys with the big "SOX" striped across the chest weren't that bad.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I dunno, I guess to me they always looked like a bar league softball team.