Who did you used to post as and why did you change your name?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have seen (through sigs, or posts, or etc.) that sometimes posters here will change their name and start anew. I"m curious as to why people have done this...

Do you think your old name became stale? Did you snark of other members and feel the need to ditch your old ride? Did you join the witness protection program and have the FBI give you a new name???

Plus, what's your oldest AI memory? When I first started reading here, the G4 was just around the corner and people thought MOSR was a good source of news

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    OG name since '98

damn...I've been here ages
  • Reply 2 of 9
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by opuscroakus

Do you think your old name became stale? Did you snark of other members and feel the need to ditch your old ride? Did you join the witness protection program and have the FBI give you a new name???

Plus, what's your oldest AI memory? When I first started reading here, the G4 was just around the corner and people thought MOSR was a good source of news

Yup, I changed mine because some evil on MacNN was posting as my username. And yes, I've been around since the time we didn't laugh out loud at MOSR.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Edited for a very good reason.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Thank You, Gilsch
  • Reply 5 of 9
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

That is not at all funny.

I didn't know. I enjoyed reading her posts. \
  • Reply 6 of 9
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    I have posted a few times by mistake when someone else was logged in = i used the wrong browser (safari)
  • Reply 7 of 9
    spotcatbugspotcatbug Posts: 195member
    I changed from "spotbug" to "spotcatbug" because one day my cookies got duh-leted. I couldn't remember my AI password. I also couldn't remember the throw away email address I musta used when I registered so I couldn't have the password emailed. Oops.

Oh well. \
  • Reply 8 of 9
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    How exactly do you change your username? I only ask because I am one who feels his has gotten stale. I tried re-registering but it stops me because the servers show that I have already registered.

Les.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    If you want a new username, you could request a change from the admin, alternatively you need a different email address to send the password too.

Ive been here since before the big blackout under this name, although I did have an alais for a while when I switched ISP's. This was only because I couldn't get the old password emailed to me, but one day, in a fit of genius the old password popped back into my head, so I reverted to my real handle.

I remeber my first post ever was entitled "Would MP over MHZ make you happy?" - when we were stuck at 500MHZ G4 for ever. I was advocating that If Apple could not get faster CPU's from moto then they should put 2 of them in a box. I pretty much got flamed