Post your Gas Price here!

Comments

• Reply 21 of 83
    agent302agent302 Posts: 974member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thedustin

$2.67 in Calabasas, north of L.A. and 2.31 at Hollywood & Highland, right in the middle of Hollywood. Yea Sammi Jo, in Goleta (Santa Barbara) it is $2.55, but $3.11!! WTF!?

_thedustin

The $2.29 I posted was in Goleta about 2 weeks. Needless to say, I don't drive much and am thankful for my bike.
  • Reply 22 of 83
    /\ldie/\ldie Posts: 70member
    ? 1.30 per liter in the netherlands.

Or translated to US measurements and valuta:

$ 5.80 for a gallon (!!!)
  • Reply 23 of 83
    crustiboogacrustibooga Posts: 141member
    UK price 83p a litre converted to US price $6.67 a gallon!

And it can only get worse: "Peak Oil" It's gonna happen!

Time to get my bike out and cycle to work!
  • Reply 24 of 83
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    See. . . now I can say "aw mom, stop worrying about me. That motorcycle is entirely practical. . . ."

"No, I don't have a girlfriend."

"bye."

Anyway, I haven't checked the pump prices for a while (maybe I should). My guess is that it's close to $1.80 per gallon around here. . . I have to use 93 octane though, but even so I don't put on many miles, so it's not a huge deal.

100 miles per week (much higher than usual)

20 mpg (a little lower than mixed city/highway for me)

5 gallons per week

260 gallons per year

@ $1.30 per gallon that's $338 per year

@ $2.00 per gallon that's $520 per year

It's a big percentage increase from a few years ago, but in the end it's only $180 extra a year. In reality, I'm probably paying $400 a year in gasoline with my RX-7. If I save my city/suburban miles for a bike that gets ~40mpg (maybe more, I have no idea) I end up paying very little on gas. Also, given that electronics stuff is a lot cheaper than it was a few years ago, I'm better now than I was a few years ago.
  • Reply 25 of 83
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    I saw a chart in the newspaper over the weekend. As expensive as gasoline appears to be right now, it is actually cheaper than it was ? adjusted for inflation ? for much of the late ?70s and early ?80s. The fact of the matter is that we have just gone through a period of exceptionally low gasoline prices. It was lower in much of the late ?90s than it was even in the ?50s.

It was this relatively low price ? again, adjusted for inflation ? that made people largely ignore mileage considerations when purchasing vehicles for the last 10-15 years. I remember the 70s and 80s when mileage claims were a prominent part of just about every automobile advertisement. Over the last decade, however, automobile manufacturers largely ignored mileage as a selling point.

Despite much-improved vehicle technology that would have allowed the overall North American vehicle fleet to be much more efficient (at given levels of horsepower and vehicle weight), overall efficiency has not improved or has even declined in recent years: the technology has instead been used to greatly increase average horsepower and to accommodate increases in average vehicle weight.
  • Reply 26 of 83
    podmatepodmate Posts: 183member
    $1.90 (regular) here in Little Rock
  • Reply 27 of 83
    spotcatbugspotcatbug Posts: 195member
    $1.999 here in Meadville, PA.
  • Reply 28 of 83
    $2.31 in the Orange County Area. Gas prices are GHASTLY. (no pun, or bad pun intended)

Where is the protection for the consumers? There is no real reason we have to be like this. We have alaska, we should use oil from there for short term until this mess is cleared out.

I think that by using it, it would force the Gov't to be a bit more responsible and fast actiing in this mess we are in.

I would love to know the first steps to take to get this in some sort of petition on the ballots...I'd take a leave of abscence from my job to go and preach this and get it signed. I'd ask retirees to help me get them signed. Show me one person who would not sign the petition to get gas prices lowerd by using alaska oil as a temorary measure...

Just my two cents of B.S.

• Reply 29 of 83
    burningwheelburningwheel Posts: 1,827member
    $2.11, drive down the street a mile or 2 $2.06 drive down the street another mile $2.01. i used the ¢2.6 place since i didn't know about the $2.01 place

it cost me $28 to fill up as apposed to $20 a few months ago. you SUV and pick-up driver must be hating it.

the scary thing is, it's going to get worse. Saudi Arabia is lying about how much oil it has. i heard this from my brother-in-law who is a geologist
  • Reply 30 of 83
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Around $2.23 here in Rockland County, NY.

I'm glad I've got a Corolla and not an SUV...
  • Reply 31 of 83
    The wonderful interplay of supply and demand have a funny way of moderating these kinds of problems.

That is, is the price of fuel gets too high, alternatives will start becoming a lot more popular. . . . (How much does that Hydrogen RX-8 cost?)
  • Reply 32 of 83
    thedustinthedustin Posts: 176member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

Anyone else remember when gas was 89 cents a gallon? Those were the days.

When I turned 16 in 1998, gas was .75 cents for about a month! That was in Springfield Misery, mind you.

_thedustin
  • Reply 33 of 83
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    $1.99.9 per gallon as of this afternoon. I think it's the first time I've ever paid $20 or more to fill my Civic's tank. (Well, the pump stopped at $19.24 but the damn attendant decided to top it off at $20.00 even though I was paying with a card. )
  • Reply 34 of 83
    Quote:

Originally posted by EmAn

Around $2.23 here in Rockland County, NY.

I'm glad I've got a Corolla and not an SUV...

Amen to that. Nothing beats 40 mpg when gas is $2.15 here in Milwaukee. I like my new Corolla...
  • Reply 35 of 83
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    $1.87... first time ever it's been $30 to fill up. Ouch.
  • Reply 36 of 83
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    3,50 $ the gallon in France.
  • Reply 37 of 83
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

$1.99.9 per gallon as of this afternoon. I think it's the first time I've ever paid $20 or more to fill my Civic's tank. (Well, the pump stopped at $19.24 but the damn attendant decided to top it off at $20.00 even though I was paying with a card. )

I hate mandatory full service in New Jersey. It takes longer, and they always avoid that "do not top off tank" sticker above the fuel cap.

Morons.
  • Reply 38 of 83
    Letssee... On my way home tonight, the gas price here was $1.98 for 1 gallon. Sure wish I was driving a compact car instead of this van. But then again, this is much better than an SUV or truck or something like that.
  • Reply 39 of 83
    gustogusto Posts: 3member
    $1.45 per liter and $5.50 per gallon. The norwegian government steals about 90% of the price in taxes. I feel lucky. \
  • Reply 40 of 83
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    1.20?/liter in Germany. I have just decided to mothball the car for the next months and use public transport and my motocycle as weather permits. That'll teach the damned sheiks a lesson