Someone screwing with the theme?

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I signed onto the forums, to be greeted with this

http://members.lycos.co.uk/tjdumple/whatthehell.GIF

Comments

• Reply 1 of 36
    Dude... read some other threads in this forum.

• Reply 2 of 36
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    And get a Mac.

Edit:

New theme looks like dick.
  • Reply 3 of 36
    evoevo Posts: 198member
    It looks like the alternating light-grey, dark-grey colors in threads got a Lighter light-grey. Overall theme of the board is looking pretty gaudy to me. Are we ever going to get a complete overhaul of these boards with vB upgrades and all?
  • Reply 4 of 36
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by eVo

It looks like the alternating light-grey, dark-grey colors in threads got a Lighter light-grey. Overall theme of the board is looking pretty gaudy to me. Are we ever going to get a complete overhaul of these boards with vB upgrades and all?

i get the feeling that its not going as smoothly as it would if Brad had been involved.
  • Reply 5 of 36
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Good lord, my retinas are burning.
  • Reply 6 of 36
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

And get a Mac.

Edit:

New theme looks like dick.

creative signature editing it seems....
  • Reply 7 of 36
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    eh, it's ok, don't like it as much as the other.
  • Reply 8 of 36
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally posted by mattjohndrow

eh, it's ok, don't like it as much as the other.

I want to develop a slightly new theme, yet keep everything crisp and clean... Anyone have suggestions?

Also, I'm considering vBulletin 3.0, but I've been warned against it... for now.

Kasper
  • Reply 9 of 36
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kasper

... Anyone have suggestions?

Kasper

Yes. Talk to us, my friend. Please.

Seriously.

Your voice needs to be heard, not deleted.

Seriously, man, it's in the best interest of all of us.
  • Reply 10 of 36
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Edit: Yeah it was a dumb post.....
  • Reply 11 of 36
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    *sigh*

So, Kasper makes an effort to ask a specific opinion and the first reply hijacks it for some unrelated reason.

This thread is about the forums theme. Is it too much to ask for topical threads? Can we have one thread in Suggestions about something else? What's done is done.
  • Reply 12 of 36
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

*sigh*

So, Kasper makes an effort to ask a specific opinion and the first reply hijacks it for some unrelated reason.

This thread is about the forums theme. Is it too much to ask for topical threads? Can we have one thread in Suggestions about something else? What's done is done.

well, i don't think its all so clear cut. theres still some question in the air. and, from my perspective, it seems that overt talk about the issue isn't allowed. the thread devoted to the topic of the split was quashed. mentions of it elsewhere were censored out. some people would be quite interested to see Kasper's perspective.
  • Reply 13 of 36
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thuh Freak

well, i don't think its all so clear cut. theres still some question in the air. and, from my perspective, it seems that overt talk about the issue isn't allowed. the thread devoted to the topic of the split was quashed. mentions of it elsewhere were censored out. some people would be quite interested to see Kasper's perspective.

Not. In. This. Thread.

Do I make myself clear?
  • Reply 14 of 36
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Personnaly I think it's time to change totally of theme. I like the low contrast style of it, but I am fed up with the grey colors after years of websurfing on this site. It's like wallpaper, after some years, you feel it's time to change it.
  • Reply 15 of 36
    evoevo Posts: 198member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Personnaly I think it's time to change totally of theme. I light the low contrast style of it, but I am fed up with the grey colors after years of websurfing on this site. It's like wallpaper, after some years, you feel it's time to change it.

Agreed. Time for a makeover. New color scheme, stylesheets, icons, the whole works. We've been looking at 3 shades of grey for what... 4 years now?
  • Reply 16 of 36
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Where are the Queer Eye guys when you need them?
  • Reply 17 of 36
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Personnaly I think it's time to change totally of theme. I light the low contrast style of it, but I am fed up with the grey colors after years of websurfing on this site. It's like wallpaper, after some years, you feel it's time to change it.

I second that.
  • Reply 18 of 36
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Where are the Queer Eye guys when you need them?

This site would look horrible with greasy hair, low-rider flared jeans and an ugly lime green jacket though (which seems to be s.o.p. for many of their "makeovers"..."hey, let's take a merely schlumpy guy and make him look, instead, totally ridiculous!" "Yeah!")

• Reply 19 of 36
    drewpropsdrewprops Posts: 2,321member
    The content of the site is why we come here, not the look. If you dude the site up too much, making it difficult to read, it will be a Bad Thing. Changing the color scheme would be nice, just be sure to pick colors that remain unobtrusive.

There are plenty of good graphic designers who weren't banned for going .org, I think that a contest might be in order. Have people do mockups and post them in a "new look for AI" contest over in General Discussion. Last year we had a similar T-shirt design contest that went around in circles because, for reasons that are still unclear to me, no one could authorize the printing/sale of the t-shirts. The participation was terrific, the design ideas were great and energy was vibrant.

I think that some effort needs to be expended to make the members of the forums feel connected. An inclusive competition might be one such step and frankly speaking, it wouldn't hurt Kasper to work on his PR right now.

There's my 2¢.
  • Reply 20 of 36
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Wow, I didn't know people got banned.