My wife killed my PowerBook

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    podmatepodmate Posts: 183member
    This laptop just does not want to die.

I'm sitting in my living room and I suddenly hear that lovely startup chord.

I'm thinking that its the ghost of the laptop coming back to haunt my house, but no, the laptop is turning itself on by itself. Heck, its even closed and turning itself on.

So, I just up and open the laptop and it turns itself on and is WORKING!!!

Its been on for 2 hours now and entirely stable. It even smells great, like roasting coffee.

Kill my wife, not over a computer, even and Apple.

Divorce, maybe.....nah!

Buy her a PowerBook, nope, I'd rather buy her a disposable Intel based laptop running Linux that way if she baths the laptop in coffee again it will only be a dead Intel laptop instead of an Apple.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    deunandeunan Posts: 106member
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...threadid=41787

at least you know who did it... read my post -_-
  • Reply 23 of 27
    bathgatebathgate Posts: 18member
    podmate,

I had a hailstorm rip through my roof here in Sydney and rain all over an open powerbook. Put it in the oven at 50C for a few hours and started it up. Been working great ever since - ca.4 years, maybe more - 3400 powerbook. Just went to a niece - still working perfectly.

You might want to give it a shot.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    podmatepodmate Posts: 183member
    Update:

The laptop seems to be running just fine. I ran it for ~10 hours this weekend without any issues. What a wonderful piece of hardware. The only "downside" is that the roasting coffee smell has gone away.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Defiant

This needs exactly one answer:

I'm just sayin'.... If someone killed MY powerbook...

=P

- Xidius
  • Reply 26 of 27
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    uff, we've got it, finally hard times beeing...
  • Reply 27 of 27
    deunandeunan Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by podmate

Update:

The laptop seems to be running just fine. I ran it for ~10 hours this weekend without any issues. What a wonderful piece of hardware. The only "downside" is that the roasting coffee smell has gone away.

and to think, my PB couldn't last through water ... and now i gotta pay like $1023