What are the best new iTunes features

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Here are the ones I really like.

1) WMA to AAC converting: I was able to increase my library on my iPod when this came out.

2) Radio music: If I hear something on the radio, I can go to iTunes and download it. AWESOME.

3) iTunes Essentials: I know this came out in a previous revision, but it's great.

4) My new favorite feature: This one is subtle, but now when you are playing a 30 sec clip frrom the store it continues to play even when I click over to my library to double check I don't already have the song. It is a small one, but i like it!

-Cheers

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I'm digging iTunes 4.5 myself.

Hmmm lets see.

1. Wishlists. Now I have a nice way to stash favorite tracks.

2. The arrow links. Great for checking on if an Artist has hit the music store yet for songs I've ripped myself.

3. I too love the way the songs keep playing now when switching to the store.

4. I must admit. iMix is a great idea. I'm being introduced to lots of good music and unlike a "simple" messageboard filled with pedantic chatter I can get right to what's important. Music.

5. Label printing. Could it get any easier?

6. Free songs. Can't argue with that
  • Reply 2 of 10
    /\ldie/\ldie Posts: 70member
    I also noticed it wont create duplicates anymore. This is a very good thing. Try dropping some songs you allready have in iTunes into the library. They wont be copied again. iTunes checks if the song exists yet, if it doesnt it will copy it to the library, otherwise it wont do a thing and wont generate a duplicate. coolll
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:

Originally posted by geobe

4) My new favorite feature: This one is subtle, but now when you are playing a 30 sec clip frrom the store it continues to play even when I click over to my library to double check I don't already have the song. It is a small one, but i like it!

But annoyingly, if your playing a song from your library, and you click on a 30sec clip in iTMS, your library song will STOP, instead of PAUSE. This is really annoying. To keep my place in a song, I have to remember to pause it before I click on a sound-clip from iTMS. I know iTMS is meant to be just like another playlist, but I just don't use it like that. What would be cool is if you had the option to just "interrupt" the currently playing song from your library -- click on an iTMS sound-clip, and when its finished playing, your library song starts up again automagically.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I also like how iTune deletes the "price" and "buy" button when you purchase from your wishlist.

The songs remain until you clear them but they cannot be repurchased.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by hmurchison

2. The arrow links. Great for checking on if an Artist has hit the music store yet for songs I've ripped myself.

indeed, option+clicking it forwards you to that artist(or album) in your library

Which is a feature I've wanted ever since the music store dropped.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

indeed, option+clicking it forwards you to that artist(or album) in your library

Which is a feature I've wanted ever since the music store dropped.

I like that too, but I would rather have the arrows take me to my library first and have option+click take me to the music store. I found the following to switch them at Macintouch:

"Just enter: defaults write com.apple.iTunes invertStoreLinks -bool YESinto Terminal and the link behavior flip-flops."

NOW it's a great feature.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Apple Lossless. Sweeet. I wish older iPods with Docks supported it!!! WHY Apple WHY!!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by buckeye

I like that too, but I would rather have the arrows take me to my library first and have option+click take me to the music store. I found the following to switch them at Macintouch:

"Just enter: defaults write com.apple.iTunes invertStoreLinks -bool YESinto Terminal and the link behavior flip-flops."

NOW it's a great feature.

BOOYAH!

thanks a bunch!
  • Reply 9 of 10
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    i am loving party shuffle -- its reminding me of tracks i had forgotten about!

i really want it on my ipod. i know the ipod UI won't allow for moving around tracks within party shuffle or unchecking ones to play. but it would still ne great for long road trips
  • Reply 10 of 10
    strawberrystrawberry Posts: 181member
    An in-built lyrics viewer would be cool, with the option to download lyrics for songs you have too. They could display in the information window for example, or in a sidebar.

I can see why they wouldn't, but I wish you could download sleeve art for any songs/albums that don't have it.