Israeli army helicopter kills at least 20 protestors with missiles...

newnew
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

10 are reported to be children. link

Time to stop this madness. This is Sharon trying to destabilize Gaza the most before withdrawing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 249
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I usually withold harsh judgement towards Israel because I think that they are fighting for their lives.

But lately they have been completely abusing any goodwill that I could possibly retain towards them.

This is outright murder. This is the kind of thing that should go down in history with a name, like the 'Vallintine's day Massacre" etc.

And these damn settlements!! They are filled with outrageous hateful racist Fundametntalists who think that Pallistinians are less than apes . . . I don't know how many interviews with settlers I have seen or read where they can not help themselves but to start ranting like extreme biggots.

These settlements, besides being illegal, immoral and thuggish, are not worth a single life lost in this 'Massacre'

Israel better start acting like a civilized country if it wants even half of the Palastinians to act civilized in return . . . . sure we all know that some of the PA just want them dead . . . . but most, I am quickly coming to believe, are reacting to this kind of brutality .
  • Reply 2 of 249
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Surely all AlQuaida terrorists, especially the children. Trying to destabilize Israel by demonstration, that's going to teach them a lesson in democracy.
  • Reply 3 of 249
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Well I don't know what to say, excepting that it must stop
  • Reply 4 of 249
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Well I don't know what to say, excepting that it must stop

I've heard that one before, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Time for the U.N. to enforce the pre '64 boundries.
  • Reply 5 of 249
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

Time to stop this madness. This is Sharon trying to destabilize Gaza the most before withdrawing.

Why didn't you post when the Arabs bobmed the Jews and danced in the streets with a bag full of dismembered body parts? No "stop this madness" for that?
  • Reply 6 of 249
    ericgericg Posts: 135member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Why didn't you post when the Arabs bobmed the Jews and danced in the streets with a bag full of dismembered body parts? No "stop this madness" for that?

Maybe because those jews were IDF soldiers and not children
  • Reply 7 of 249
    Quote:

Originally posted by ericg

Maybe because those jews were IDF soldiers and not children

So then dancing with a bag full of their body parts is not madness that needs to stop?
  • Reply 8 of 249
    Quote:

Since you seem to disagree with the call to stop this side of the madness, you believe that firing rockets to kill kids is OK if the right side does it?
  • Reply 9 of 249
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

Since you seem to disagree with the call to stop this side of the madness, you believe that firing rockets to kill kids is OK if the right side does it?

No I think being one sided against Israel results in an anti-Semetic effect.

Edit to add:

In a sence the only side that needs to "stop" is the jews with in turn would lead to genocide.
  • Reply 10 of 249
    ericgericg Posts: 135member
    Quote:

So then dancing with a bag full of their body parts is not madness that needs to stop?

Ofcourse, I can see no good for that kind of behaviour.. I can understand it.. but it won't achieve anything other than disgust
  • Reply 11 of 249
    Quote:

Lemme see, what about being one-sided against the Palestinians? By basic logic this results in an anti-Palestine effect (to be precise anti-semitic, since all those guys down there are semites, but let's not be too picky).

Not even mentioning you attempt to derail this thread and sidetrack the issue - after all, it is not exactly anti-semitism that killed those kids, but tank and/or helicopter rounds.
  • Reply 12 of 249
    Look at the part of the article that New chose not to quote

Quote:

Military sources said that troops had spotted the approaching demonstrators, among them armed men

Why'd you leave that out New?
  • Reply 13 of 249
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Scott even the Israeli gov't has apologized for this. I'm not sure why you're defending it by pointing out the demonstrators had guns. According to this article:

Quote:

Ra'anan Gissin, senior adviser to Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon, urged people not to jump to conclusions about what had happened.

"I assure you one thing: there are no rules of engagement in the IDF or among security forces that allow firing direct or high-trajectory fire into a crowd. So if there was, it was against the rules or by mistake," Gissin told CNN.

He expressed "my deep regrets on behalf of the Israeli government" for the loss of innocent lives, "regardless of how they were killed."

It seems they might have been shooting missiles/tank shells at nearby abandoned buildings in order to scare the crowds. I'm sorry, but that's pretty stupid.
  • Reply 14 of 249
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Look at the part of the article that New chose not to quoteWhy'd you leave that out New?

Oh my God, he's got a gun! Quick, fire the tank at all those people!
  • Reply 15 of 249
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

Edit to add:

In a sence the only side that needs to "stop" is the jews with in turn would lead to genocide.

I've never been a supporter of banning anyone. I even thought mika deserved more leverage at times.

but right now Scott. I think your beyond comprehension. I have a jewish family. The Rabbi in my cousins Bar-Mitzvah later became Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs in Israel. People like you are more dangerous to jews and jewish culture than anything I could say.

If you continue to throw around the term "anti-Semitic" more now you really should be banned. Your attitude here is close to fundamentalistic. You bring nothing to the discussion.

Since this is my thread, I dare you to contribute a positive thought. What do you see as a possible positive development in the middle east?

And please, don't just disappear like you normally do...
  • Reply 16 of 249
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Yeah . . .I'm all for stopping that madness too!!
  • Reply 17 of 249
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

I think you've wrong on this point.
  • Reply 18 of 249
    Quote:

Originally posted by New

Please? You can hardly get rid of me.

How 'bout it New? Why not thread when the arab muslims are dancing in the streets with a bag full of body parts from dead jews? Why do you wait until Israel does something then present a completely one sided thread?
  • Reply 19 of 249
    Quote:

How 'bout it New? Why not thread when the arab muslims are dancing in the streets with a bag full of body parts from dead jews? Why do you wait until Israel does something then present a completely one sided thread?

Do the Palestinians dance in the street with body parts of civilian Israelis? If not, then your lies are proven yet again to be worthless in yet another thread.

Thanks for playing!
  • Reply 20 of 249
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Do the Palestinians dance in the street with body parts of civilian Israelis? If not, then your lies are proven yet again to be worthless in yet another thread.

Thanks for playing!

Yes they did. You didn't know?