Cool LCD/Speaker Technology

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    mmmpiemmmpie Posts: 628member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MarcUK

From the original article

Punching the speaker-grille holes in a laptop's case is one of the more expensive manufacturing operations.

thats a fucking joke right!

I think it counts as techically true, but if you took away the speaker grill holes you wouldnt change the cost of that manufacturing step. Namely using a die to press the case. The die wont really change in price much if there are holes in it or not.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bigc

but does he need to qualify the statement with I went to college...whoopee, what does that have to do with how well separation is... are there not more sophictcated methods to determine the effectiveness of stereo separation. Might as well had a high school student write the article...

It doesn't matter if he had a degree or not. Just because it's in stereo and the sound separation is very good considering the application does not in any way mean the quality of sound will beat out any kind of speaker separates. He just really likes the fact that the screen does a very good job separating channels well.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    tompagetompage Posts: 50member
    I first raised this in 2002 in this thread.

You will see that some of the issues about vibration of the screen and sound quality were dealt with then.

If you search fro NXT speakers, you will find that this has been mentioned in a few other threads as well.

Despite the time this technology has been available, I am amazed it has not become more widely used as it provides a higher quality sound at a relatively insignificant price.