Comments

• Reply 21 of 37
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fellowship

Glass table top.

Yep I go on the wild side not using the place mat settings

Fellows

that's hilarious. somehow i did not even see the glass table top. you keep it very clean! now that you say that, i feel silly for not noticing...regardless, i'm laughing at myself now
  • Reply 22 of 37
    gspottergspotter Posts: 342member
    As we woke up late (holiday), we had a late breakfast, so I skipped lunch. As compensation, we had asparagus (with potatoes and ham) for dinner.
  • Reply 23 of 37
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

"Fat Lady" -- a cheese steak with mozzarella sticks and fries in the sandwich.

Did you go to the Haven today or something?

Sometime before I move to FL (July) I'll have to treat you to lunch there.

In other stories, I had some grilled cheese and tomato sammiches, and why is Fellowship at home for lunch on a weekday?
  • Reply 24 of 37
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Whisper

Cici's

Now that's the goods....3.99 all you can eat pizza buffet

I just got up so no lunch for me
  • Reply 25 of 37
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    Quote:

It may, in fact, be time for a recipe thread

Recipes!

there ya go!
  • Reply 26 of 37
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Tofu. Yummy.
  • Reply 27 of 37
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Tofu. Yummy.

If you get the extra firm you can marinate, then stir fry it. It's enough to turn you into a vegan.
  • Reply 28 of 37
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    Chicken in cornmeal fried, topped with spinach, blue cheese and long hots in some sort of roll...

i eat well even though i am a poor graduate student...
  • Reply 29 of 37
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Double Double, fries, and a coke.
  • Reply 30 of 37
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Did you go to the Haven today or something?

Sometime before I move to FL (July) I'll have to treat you to lunch there.

Yep, Hoagie Haven. One of my friends moved in almost across the street, so he gave me a tour of his new place and we brought back lunch from there. To be honest, it's the first time I've tried or seen anyone else try this thing. I fully expected 1/2 a cheese steak with a side of fries and a few mozz sticks. I figured for $4.25, how much could they really give to me? Then I caught them tossing all this stuff into the roll at the last second. My friend turned to me and whispered, "did they just??!" I ate it of course. I figured it all ends up in the same place anyway.

Quote:

?and why is Fellowship at home for lunch on a weekday?

Seeing as Fellowship can afford to eat a homemade meal in the middle of the day, I need to make the other mods aware of his ample spare time.
  • Reply 31 of 37
    nebulousnebulous Posts: 193member
    Sesame crackers, chipotle spiced hummus, and a little bit of cheddar cheese. Yum yum.
  • Reply 32 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

Yep, Hoagie Haven. One of my friends moved in almost across the street, so he gave me a tour of his new place and we brought back lunch from there. To be honest, it's the first time I've tried or seen anyone else try this thing.

The fat lady is alright, but the "Heartstopper" is the real winner on the menu. Coined by drunken students, it's a bacon cheesesteak topped with fried eggs and russian dressing.

Yes. . . . I will be eating at the Haven many times before I make the move in July.
  • Reply 33 of 37
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

If you get the extra firm you can marinate, then stir fry it. It's enough to turn you into a vegan.

I do that but it hasn't turned me vegan. I still love my baby cow.
  • Reply 34 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

The fat lady is alright, but the "Heartstopper" is the real winner on the menu. Coined by drunken students, it's a bacon cheesesteak topped with fried eggs and russian dressing.

Yes. . . . I will be eating at the Haven many times before I make the move in July.

I don't get the apparent princeton obsession with adding superfluous crap to the cheese steak which is in and of itself already perfect...

steak. provolone. onions. nothing more, nothing less...
  • Reply 35 of 37
    we need more duck...
  • Reply 36 of 37
    Quote:

Originally posted by billybobsky

Steak. provolone. onions. nothing more, nothing less...

Provolone?

Now, don't tell me we don't know about cheesesteaks. We are, after all, quite close to Philly, where you'll get lynched for ordering a "provolone" cheesesteak. The cheesesteak is to be topped with American or cheese-whiz. That's a fact.
  • Reply 37 of 37
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    There are certain places in Philly that can handle a "steak with prov!" just fine. Cheeze whiz is preferred, but really, unless the rest is authentic Philly cheesesteak, it's not worth it.