Anyone familiar with Micfles?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
You can read about it here.

http://www.macmice.com/micflex.html

I intend to try it out when it comes to a local store. It seems to be a new twist on USB microphones. The claim is that it produces 16/48 CD quality sound. It also claims to be perfect for a variety of uses so I can't tell if it is a unidirectional mic or an omnidirectional mic. Still, if someone comes across a review or, better yet, has a chance to try one out, please post here.

By the way, the title should read MicFlex, not Micfles.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Mac Voyer

It seems to be a new twist on USB microphones.

No pun intended, right?

It looks cool. The price is pretty steep for my budget, but I would be interested in some more specs. Perhaps the frequency response/graph.

Seems like it is just a step away from having a direct SPDIF microphone.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

It looks cool. The price is pretty steep for my budget, but I would be interested in some more specs. Perhaps the frequency response/graph.

Seems like it is just a step away from having a direct SPDIF microphone.

I was particularly intrigued by the suggestion that it will be good for recording instruments with GB. I have yet to find a USB mic that recorded lectures in a large room. It would need to be somewhat omnidirectional for use in interviews. If it is useful for speech recognition, then it must be unidirectional. In other words, no one mic is good for as many purposes as the press release suggests.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    mac voyermac voyer Posts: 1,294member
    Well, I bought one and have played with it for a short time. Here is my initial impression. It might well be the best GB mic available. I had a $600 mic and pre-amp hooked up to my computer and I replaced them with MicFlex. I can't tell the difference. The Website has examples of vocal and acoustic instrument sound clips. For close up work, it is the only microphone you need for single input, computer based recording. I have not had a chance to test the product in a lecture setting. When I do, I will post the results. It is worth every penny.