Screen shot of cursor in Safari

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi everyone!

I am using OS 9 because I can't afford a new computer. I am working on a portfolio website and would like the screen shots of websites to be in Safari because, well, it looks better than any other browser out there. I have used http://www.browsercam.com/ to get the screen shots, which works well, except for one thing - there are no cursors. This is fine most of the time, but there is one screen shot where I need the "finger" cursor. Would someone please open up Safari, hover over a link, and take a screen shot of the cursor? I would eternally be in your debt. Well, maybe not eternally, but at elast for a few days.

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    stroszekstroszek Posts: 801member
    Never mind.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I'm really sorry.
  • Reply 3 of 7
  • Reply 4 of 7
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    can we get a mod in here to lock this redundant thread
  • Reply 5 of 7
    vox barbaravox barbara Posts: 2,021member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Paul

can we get a mod in here to lock this redundant thread

What are they saying? "just because i am paranoid, doesn't mean i am not beeing followed."

• Reply 6 of 7
    It's not very helpful when people post a problem they're having and then do any of the following:
    • Change the subject to "blah blah subject- I FIXED IT". The title of the thread should just be the problem, not whether you fixed it or not. Simply edit the original post to say "edit: I resolved this problem by... " near the bottom.

• Modify their original post to say "Nevermind, I fixed it"... The next person that comes along will have no idea of the progression of the issue, the original problem (other than the subject), or the solution to the problem. Imagine finding a thread on Google some two years from now that sounds like the exact problem you are having only to find that someone didn't explain their solution or had deleted the specifics of the problem. You'd be out of luck.

Ya know? :/

edit: I didn't mean to be rude and the post wasn't directed entirely at you; lots of people pass through threads over time besides us active posters, so there's a good chance that someone saw what I had written. I really don't have too much experience here on the AppleInsider forums, as MacNN's forums are where I mainly hang out, but the same tendancies of posters apply for forums in general so I did a little guess work I suppose.

These aren't written rules, they're more just common courtesies which makes it hard to for some of the new users to even know that they exist. Some users just don't know and they have to learn it somewhere. Several years ago when I started posting on message boards I wasn't conscious of these things and I'd come across a note someone had written and go, "Oh... makes sense." and not take offense to it. So I apologize if I did seem a little rude

Also, I don't seem to be able to reply to this thread any longer (account restricted...?), so I was forced to edit my original post.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by [APi]TheMan

...snip...[list][*]Change the subject to "blah blah subject- I FIXED IT". The title of the thread should just be the problem, not whether you fixed it or not. Simply edit the original post to say "edit: I resolved this problem by... " near the bottom.

I'll keep this in mind, but since only Mods can change thread titles around here...

Quote:

Originally posted by [APi]TheMan

...snip...Modify their original post to say "Nevermind, I fixed it"... The next person that comes along will have no idea of the progression of the issue, the original problem (other than the subject), or the solution to the problem. Imagine finding a thread on Google some two years from now that sounds like the exact problem you are having only to find that someone didn't explain their solution or had deleted the specifics of the problem. You'd be out of luck.
    Ya know? :/

I never modified my original post, but...

This problem is now solved! I discovered the solution by some one taking the requested screen shot in Safari and sending it to me. In the future, if you need a screen shot of the said cursor, and you are not using an OS X machine, this is the best way to go about it.

Happy?