Originally posted by TigerWoods99

until Reggie and the Pacers win the NBA Championship

Bring on the Pistons.

GO PACERS!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHA

yeah . .. right
  • Reply 2 of 11
    jeffyboyjeffyboy Posts: 1,055member
    Tiger-the block O'Neal made when he got hit in the eye was amazing!

Who do you pick in the other Eastern series? I'm rooting for New Jersey because I love Kidd, but then I'll be conflicted because I WORSHIP Bird and Tinsley's an ISU guy.

Jeff
  • Reply 3 of 11
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    I figure Detroit will win because I feel they are a better team and Game 7 is at their place....but NJ might win. I expect a close game though.

That block was and the lob to Artest...they needed those at the end to hold on to a victory. Tinsley has been playing great...and its not a stats thing either. He is really controlling the offense and making good decisions with the basketball. What I want is more ball movement....between this series and the Celtics....against the Heat they werent moving the ball as much, there was a lot more 1 on 1 play than I would expect from this team.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Nuts! I figured if nothing else Game 7 would at least be close. When Rasheed Wallace comes to play like he did tonight it makes Detroit a lot tougher!

It's Go Pacers for me the rest of the way.

J
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeffyboy

Nuts! I figured if nothing else Game 7 would at least be close. When Rasheed Wallace comes to play like he did tonight it makes Detroit a lot tougher!

It's Go Pacers for me the rest of the way.

J

Tonights game was sad. I stopped watching towards the end of the 4th quarter. Rip is freakin awesome. Jordan should have given him the ball a lot more at Washington. No chance against the Lakers though....of course after they beat Indiana.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by trailmaster308

Tonights game was sad. I stopped watching towards the end of the 4th quarter. Rip is freakin awesome. Jordan should have given him the ball a lot more at Washington. No chance against the Lakers though....of course after they beat Indiana.

Hamilton, Big Ben, heck, they all had it going tonight.

But like I said, I think Rasheed is a key-when his head's in the game he's a big difference maker.

J
  • Reply 7 of 11
    tigerwoods99tigerwoods99 Posts: 2,633member
    Yea The D definitely put the D to the Nets tonite, I figured it would be a better game, I'm glad wife beater scored 0 pts

So its Pacers vs. Pistons now...should be a good series

Those ESPN dudes were sayin "See this is where Detroit will win against Indiana...teir backcourt". Umm...excuse me? That's a joke. Those guys are pretty good players but I'll take Tinsley & Miller all day everyday against Billups & Hamilton. Ben Wallace has no offense either.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Ben Wallace has no offense either.

True, but neither did Rodman. But it gives you a "Big" man that makes it very hard to drive in on, plus he is a rebounding machine. Lots of teams with players that can't do either. I'd take Big Ben any day on my team.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    So, after we (The Lakers) win do we still have to play one of those Eastern Conference teams? Or have they gotten rid of that formality yet?

• Reply 10 of 11
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Quote:

Those ESPN dudes were sayin "See this is where Detroit will win against Indiana...teir backcourt". Umm...excuse me? That's a joke. Those guys are pretty good players but I'll take Tinsley & Miller all day everyday against Billups & Hamilton. Ben Wallace has no offense either.

If Miller were 6 years younger and Tinsley were 3 years older I may agree with you. Miller will have to chase Hamilton continuously through a myriad of picks and screens for 40 minutes a game (unless the Pacers zone it, and that's something Carlisle hates doing for a long periods of time). Rip needs little space to shoot, and he's one of the best mid-range shooters in the league--plus he's shooting 40%+ from behind the arc. The only thing that can take him off his game his him: he's as frenetic as caffeine addict with DTs and can be put off his game if he goes overboard emotionally. At game's end, you may see Miller front-rimming shots (as Michael Redd, Kidd, and Kittles did) because of tired legs.

Tinsley has hardly any playoff experience and none in big games. In facing Billups, he's seeing a bigger, stronger Dwyane Wade who has played in huge games and has made the big shot (last year and this year). Not many can stop Chauncey on a drive--and if he's fouled, he's an 88% FT shooter. While Tinsley has matured under Carlisle, he still lacks presence (but he could get it this series--it could be a coming-out party for him). Waltzing through Chucky Atkins and being outplayed by Wade proves little.

Now, if the Pistons' guards shoot terribly, the Pacers have an extreme advantage, but they aren't NJ, who'll get fast-break points almost guaranteed off long rebounds. The Pacers will slug it out half-court to half-court with Detroit. Granted, I'm a Pistons fan, but the Pistons finished a tough series; they get back on defense; and have play-off experience out the wazoo (and I don't think Carlisle is a great playoff coach--yet).

The X-Factor is Artest. If he lights it up; it's lights out. If the Pistons can hold Artest and O'Neal to 19 PPG or less, they'll absorb it and win in 6.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    RE: Ben Wallace

His 8-10 FGA was an anomaly, I'll be the first to admit. That performance, though, shows he must be guarded. Under Carlisle, Ben had no permission to shoot the ball--unless it was slop under the board or slam dunks. Opposing teams were essentially playing 5 on 4 defensively. If he misses those outside shots, though, he's in no position to make a rebound, so it really is walking on a razor. Anything over 10PPG with Ben is pure bonus.

He is not a good one-on-one defender (he doesn't have good side-to-side footwork), so I'm sure there'll be clear outs for O'Neal to take him to the basket or shoot over him.