George Bush Drunk at a Wedding, The Real Deal :-)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    See. I never got that clip. Everybody is going "Ha! This proves Bush still drink!!!" What I see is someone trying to make jokes and doesn´t succeed. If he really was drunk his answers would be more like "Raaaa. Hunghhhh. PhaaaAAAAAaaaaa. Trhghhhh" (thats at least how I would have answered the questions drunk)

And people have to make up their minds. Is he a dangerous born again evil vs good fanatic or does he lie about all that?

If anyone was drunk there its the interviewer.
  • Reply 2 of 28
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by frank_t

http://frank_t.spymac.net/Bush%20dru...%20wedding.mov

Enjoy

Frank_t [/B]

The man is funny, make no mistake. I wish, a million times over, that he had pursued a career in stand-up. He would surely have been making people laugh and smile, instead of getting angry and sad, and burying their dead.

• Reply 3 of 28
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    I just find it funny what he says about the people that got married at that wedding. "Only in American would two people like that get married"
  • Reply 4 of 28
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    He's Don Rickles' more successful cousin, that's all.
  • Reply 5 of 28
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Well, wasn't he, at the time, working on his 5th "sober" year back then?

I bet the guy was great to party with...shots here, drinks there...a little line here, a big line there.
  • Reply 6 of 28
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Pssh. It's stuff like this that make we want to like the guy. Of course, it's stuff like the crap he does in office that annoy me.

Only in America do people think it's wrong for prez to get a little tipsy. (Yeah, I know he supposedly doesn't drink anymore, but a couple glasses of wine at a wedding. . . big fucking deal.)
  • Reply 7 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

Only in America do people think it's wrong for prez to get a little tipsy. (Yeah, I know he supposedly doesn't drink anymore, but a couple glasses of wine at a wedding. . . big fucking deal.)

Prez? Uhh, you do realize, if it wasn't obvious enough, that the video was shot MANY years ago right?

In fact, years AFTER he was supposed to have stopped hitting the bottle.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    1. It doesn't matter if he's drunk

2. He doesn't look/sound drunk

3. He appears to be drinking out of a water bottle at the end of the clip

4. It doesn't matter if he's drunk

5. IT DOESN'T MATTER
  • Reply 9 of 28
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I don't really care when the video was shot. I don't really see the big deal. I get tipsy and make dumb jokes all the time. I like the video. . . good stuff!

And DMB. . . you've never had a beer, much less been drunk. GW has clearly had some sauce in that video. Consider that Hemmingway and Fitzgerald wrote though the better part of their histories while buzzed. A lot of people, including me, get neither slurry or incomprehensible until it's way too much.

The water is a smart move, since alcohol is a diuretic, and you pay for it in the morning if you don't hydrate-up.

Still not votin' for him.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

1. It doesn't matter if he's drunk

2. He doesn't look/sound drunk

3. He appears to be drinking out of a water bottle at the end of the clip

4. It doesn't matter if he's drunk

5. IT DOESN'T MATTER

It doesn't matter if he received oral sex either.
  • Reply 11 of 28
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Anybody notice his speech was less dis-con-nec-ted than when he's sober?
  • Reply 12 of 28
    frank_tfrank_t Posts: 428member
    Why does everyone have to be so serious....
  • Reply 13 of 28
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Annoying, huh? People are wearing their humor-blocking flame-retardant sunglasses in here. It's an unfortunate side effect of that gear.

Most people are rolling with it.
  • Reply 14 of 28
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    If he is drinking in this clip, it matters a lot.

For a recovering alcoholic, which is what Bush has declared himself to be, there is no such thing as a "little wine here and there". Recovery from alcoholism is an all or nothing deal. You're either sober, or you're a drunk.

Now I don't fault Bush if he has had a slip (or two or three). It happens to a lot of recovering people, and if they are serious about their sobriety they often can live and learn and go on to a life of sobriety (although just as often a slip can lead to disaster).

But Bush has been very specific about his sobriety and it's time frame. To lie about something as critical to his well being as this is to erode the very foundations of that well being. It would mean he is lying to himself about his own sobriety, which for a recovering alcoholic is pretty much a ticking time bomb.

I know for people who don't have to deal with this illness all this must sound overblown, but it really isn't. God help us all if this guy decides he can have a few to unwind in the oval office.

Well, unless he already has, which actually might explain a lot.
  • Reply 15 of 28
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    He was not drunk in that video, the interviewer was

We did not see what was in his glass, and however if there is some alcohool it's not a big deal (unless he is for prohibtion).
  • Reply 16 of 28
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Where is the vid of him sniffing some lines of coke?
  • Reply 17 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

I don't really care when the video was shot. I don't really see the big deal. I get tipsy and make dumb jokes all the time. I like the video. . . good stuff!

Oh now it doesn't matter when it was shot. Dude, you thought it was recent and that he was the president. lol I agree it isn't a big deal. Like I said, it would've been fun to party with him and get drunk and do a couple lines with him.

• Reply 18 of 28
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    1. It looks like it may have been before he was even Governor.

2. We don't know that he was drinking alcohol. (Edit: look at it again...it's a water bottle).

3. Bush has never said he was an alcoholic, and there's no evidence he was. He said he stopped drinking. Most accounts I've heard say that he was a moderate drinker who ended up drinking a little TOO much...sometimes to excess. That doesn't mean one is an alcoholic. His own account is that the day he decided drinking was over was when he got up for his morning run (after a few rounds the night before) and felt "not right". He says he decided then and there. There is a difference between people who drink too much, and people who are alcoholics.

4. The video is funny.
  • Reply 19 of 28
    billybobskybillybobsky Posts: 1,914member
    and i suppose he never did cocaine either? eh?
  • Reply 20 of 28
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    You guys are funny...

I would like one of you to make it obvious to me that he was a) drunk or b) drinking any kind of alcoholic beverage.

It may be obvious if that is what you want to believe, but I watched it three times and found nothing to prove that. Like someone said, the interviewer appears to be high or drunk, not GWB.

He seemed to be more fluent and concise than any speech I have seen him make. Maybe he is drunk now.

Ha, what a laugh.