Thurrott smoking something, again...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
You know, I'm having a hard time arriving at a conclusion: is he just doing this for press, or is he really this stupid and arrogant?

From his weekly articles:

Quote:

And speaking of Apple Computer, everyone's favorite little OS imitator--excuse me, innovator--this week made an interesting patent bid that could have ramifications for Longhorn. Apple wants a patent for applying transparency to "information-bearing windows whose contents remain unchanged for a predetermined period of time." (...) More to the point, by the time Longhorn ships, Apple likely will have discontinued active computer OS development, anyway, so that the company can concentrate on the consumer-electronics market.

"Journalism" indeed. /

(http://www.winnetmag.com/windowspaul...ott_42734.html)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    If anyone actually read this, I might care.

Let's see here: Magazine that no-one reads yet is sponsored heavily by MS anyway. . . You do the math.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I try not to pay these sites' bills with clicks. He's trolling for hits and learned it from Dvorak.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    mike peelmike peel Posts: 185member
    *tries to find decent content on site.*

*gives up.*
  • Reply 4 of 9
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    I don't even click on Thurrot links anymore. I'm with BuonRoto I'm not helping this guy pay bills. He's obviously provoking Mac users. Thurrot has been around a while but he's never been this bad before. Leads me to believe it's a purposeful smear campaign to generate hits.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    stoostoo Posts: 1,490member
    By the time Longhorn ships, I'll be living on the moon in my silver jumpsuit.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    mpmoriartympmoriarty Posts: 289member
    I personally don't get it. Why smear Apple's OS.

If he wants to publish a website that discusses Microsoft Windows, hey I say good for him. But that doesn't mean he has to constantly bash Apple. It just makes him look unprofessional and irresponsible.

I mean, why does Mac OS X intimidate him so much that he has to constantly write bad things about it so he can feel better.

And what is this I read about Apple getting out of the computer business and focusing on creating and selling electronic devices. I highly doubt Apple would be coming out with all this great software and hardware technology if they were planning on closing shop in the near future.

If anything, they are trying to bring everything full circle and create a truly integrated computer environment where the OS, hardware, and electronic devices all work in harmony and users spend less time trying to get them to work and more time putting them to work.

Just my two cents.

Mike
  • Reply 7 of 9
    m01etym01ety Posts: 278member
    The oddest thing is that he has an iBook and was second-in-line to the Panther release event at Boston's CambridgeSide Apple retail store (first person in line was a bald fat guy wih questionable hygene wearing a NeXT shirt ).

Oh well. Whatever, he's just embarrassing himelf.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by m01ety

The oddest thing is that he has an iBook and was second-in-line to the Panther release event at Boston's CambridgeSide Apple retail store (first person in line was a bald fat guy wih questionable hygene wearing a NeXT shirt ).

Oh well. Whatever, he's just embarrassing himelf.

I would love to believe this
  • Reply 9 of 9
    sailfishsailfish Posts: 163member
    He's troll, and we all know is not to feed the trolls, they multiply like gremlins.