iTunes 4.5 Download

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
When I download iTunes 4.5, it actually downloads a .dmg called iTunes 4.5, but within the folder/DMG is iTunes 4??!!??

I installed it anyway. Sure enough, the installer says iTunes 4. Continued through the install. Rebooted (just in case) and opened iTunes upon reboot (after installation had completed).

Went to about iTunes... to my surprise... iTunes v 4.0.7!!!!??? TWF!?

What gives? I need to update my other Mac so I can share its library with my Powerbook. I guess I could boot my Mac in Firewire mode, but would rather do the Shared Library thing.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    iTunes 4.0.7? I only know of 4.0, 4.1, 4.1.1 (Windows-only), 4.2 and 4.5.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by arondale

When I download iTunes 4.5, it actually downloads a .dmg called iTunes 4.5, but within the folder/DMG is iTunes 4??!!??

I installed it anyway. Sure enough, the installer says iTunes 4. Continued through the install. Rebooted (just in case) and opened iTunes upon reboot (after installation had completed).

Went to about iTunes... to my surprise... iTunes v 4.0.7!!!!??? TWF!?

What gives? I need to update my other Mac so I can share its library with my Powerbook. I guess I could boot my Mac in Firewire mode, but would rather do the Shared Library thing.

Did you download it from Apple or from somewhere else? My version number is iTunes 4.5 (31).
  • Reply 3 of 3
    ps5533ps5533 Posts: 476member
    Quote:

Originally posted by arondale

TWF!?

The What F***