Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4980465/

This is a great read. I'm chuckling and drinking High Life

It was free.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 23
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    "Nowadays everybody wants to talk - like they got something to say -- but when they move their lips, nothing comes out - a bunch of jibberish; and mother fuckers act like they forgot about dre..."

I think that rap song can be adapted for this critic. The box office will speak for itself. I personally thought part 2 was O.K. 8)
  • Reply 2 of 23
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    No.
  • Reply 3 of 23
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    No. Can't be saved, Hollywood got to Lucas.
  • Reply 4 of 23
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Quote:

Originally posted by dmz

No. Can't be saved, Hollywood got to Lucas.

No, computers and way too much CGI did.
  • Reply 5 of 23
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I didn't mind the 2nd movie. It was a pretty good summer movie, although it wasn't as good as the original three. While I think the 3rd will be the best of the new 3, I don't think it will be something to remember.

Anyway, this year's crop of summer movies looks AWESOME.
  • Reply 6 of 23
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    No.

Just an aside, "Summer Movies" suck.
  • Reply 7 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

No.

Whaa? Shrek 2 sucks? Surely you jest.
  • Reply 8 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

No.

You say that because you're a type-A wannabe bohemian.

I am not.
  • Reply 9 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

I am not.

What the fuck is a type-A wannabe bohemian? Summer movies are terrible regardless of what you or I think of them.
  • Reply 10 of 23
    We've talked before about this. Let's not revisit it. You're fairly intelligent. I'm sure you can figure it out. It's a pretty descriptive label.
  • Reply 11 of 23
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Lucas has been in decline since Return of the Jedi. There is no hope anymore. The movie will come out...it will contain all the standard Lucas flaws like poor dialogue and no emoton yet now we won't even have humor.

It will get all the fanboys out for one last hurrah and that will be that. Oh the movie will look beautiful but since everything is so sterile and muted as far as characters we really won't be able to get into this world like we could have.

Lucas simply has not grown and probably is a victim of his ego. I'm actually more interested in seeing what Peter Jackson can do with King Kong than Ep III.
  • Reply 12 of 23
    Quote:

We've talked before about this. Let's not revisit it. You're fairly intelligent. I'm sure you can figure it out. It's a pretty descriptive label.

Are you dense? Don't bring it up if you don't want to revisit it.
  • Reply 13 of 23
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    EpIII will be saved by the fans.

Those who loved it and those who hated it.

All those fans who criticize Lucas will still go to see it anyway, why? Because regardless of how much they hate the way Star Wars has been mercilessly commercialized and merchandised deep down inside they still love the original story and have this inner wanting to know more.

I don't know what kind of plant Lucas may be sniffing but maybe his inner circle of friends is afraid to tell him he sucks. Of course, maybe on the flip side, he's purposely making these movies bad from a film POV. Why? I have no idea.

But regardless of what anyone says, I'll still pay my $9.50 to watch EpIII. I saw Star Wars in 1977 and I want that closure. If it sucks, I'll put in my 2 cents. If it's good I'll stil lput in my 2 cents.

In the end, it's up to you. But if you're just criticizing just to make people think you're making a statement, then your'e an idiot because in the end, no one really cares...
  • Reply 14 of 23
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    Quote:

I am not.

Dude, those bohemians, they are so on the margin of culture. With their sitting around and discussing....

Bohamiens

Also, summer movies are good, Shark 2 was good.
  • Reply 15 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

Dude, those bohemians, they are so on the margin of culture. With their sitting around and discussing....

Bohamiens

Also, summer movies are good, Shark 2 was good.

Wow. Good thing you used those smilies ahead of time.

You must have been completely stoned when you wrote that post.
  • Reply 16 of 23
    Wait, I'm Chinese,

What is a "type-A wannabe bohemian"?
  • Reply 17 of 23
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Lucas should stick to general plot and background story and thats it. Let good screenwriters and directors handle the rest.
  • Reply 18 of 23
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

What is a "type-A wannabe bohemian"?

Either it's a compliment, or a personal attack. But since no one was banned, it must have been a compliment.
  • Reply 19 of 23
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Only if George Lucas doesn't write the script or let his little kiddies onto the set so they can tell him what *they* think would be cool.

• Reply 20 of 23
    curiousuburbcuriousuburb Posts: 3,325member
    things that might make StarWars III tolerable:

- death of JarJar, preferably slow and painful, yet silent.

- Natalie Portman auditions for "Queens Behaving Badly: Vader's Dark Side Invaders"

- more cantina, less ewok