Wanted:: Xcode expert .. C++ tool.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I would like to know how to do a clear screen example on

linux the command is: system("cls");

or devC++ on PC: system("clear");

also i'm looking for a way to expand the characters available like the triangle and double bared to draw a box on the screen.

Curious to see how powerful is Xcode compared to PC and Linux... ha. =]

hope some one can answer me.. and prove that Xcode is really an awesome dev tool even for C++ programs..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    spotcatbugspotcatbug Posts: 195member
    It really has nothing to do with Xcode, but system("clear") will clear the terminal "screen". Bring up a terminal window and type "clear" (no quotes) to see it happen without writing a program.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by xav3x

Curious to see how powerful is Xcode compared to PC and Linux... ha.

Xcode has nothing to do with Linux, just as Microsoft Office can't be compared to a microwave oven.

Quote:

hope some one can answer me.. and prove that Xcode is really an awesome dev tool even for C++ programs..

What proof do you need? Get a free ADC account, download it and try it out to see if you like it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    xav3xxav3x Posts: 36member
    hey thanks for the reply! =] i'm really bad a wording things sometimes..

I wanted to add that.. I own a powerbook 1.5ghz and have xcode installed and programming with it.

I'm also running virtual pc.. but even for coding. i feel its a tad sluggish espeically when i'm programming a game that refreshes the screen everytime i hit a key.

i also noticed xcode didn't have a large variety of ascii characters by default. It would be nice to have access to the keys i mentioned above.

i really perfer running and programming in xcode.. so i dont' have to boot up stoopid virtual pc. thanks .. any help with the codes i asked for on top would be great..

i have tried system("clear"); and system("cls") in Xcode-C++ tool project. but both didn't yield a clear screen. just kept scrolling.