'Tiger' Origins!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
This past week I was in a conference with my boss discussing Politics. We are in the process of researching elections, and being an intern I was asking a lot of questions. One of my questions was where all this information that every politician seems to have regarding citizens comes from. To make a long story short she told me about a project the US Census Beaureu developed back in 1990. This project was to be the database of all databases, a central portal for all sorts of information. A Meta-driven Search engine for 'higher ups,' there is a lot of information in there, some of which has been derived to make such products as Mapquest to name one of many. Now all this may seem out of topic, especially for this forum. The interesting thing is the name of this project . It was Dubbed 'Tiger,' to me this sounds quite interesting and makes me beleive a lot of what I have been reading lately about a heavy databasing system involved with tiger. I am not sure if anyone has already heard this, but I thought I would let it out there, I found it interesting. Do a search on google to learn more about Tiger.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    I'm a fan of Iberian Lynx, the rarest cat in the world.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Or of course the King Cheetah. The rarest big cat in the world.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Ocelot. Clouded Leopards and Snow leopards are cool!! But two words...Maybe since we've had Jaguar, but not...Jaguarundi?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Ocelot. Clouded Leopards and Snow leopards are cool!! But two words...Maybe since we've had Jaguar, but not...Jaguarundi?

One can hardly wait to see how His Steveness would pronounce *that* :-)
  • Reply 5 of 8
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I liked Lynx for 10.5...maybe there would be some focus on connectivity, compatibility with Windows, etc...
  • Reply 6 of 8
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

I'm still hoping for Thylacine at 10.5. 8)

Except, of course, the Thylacine was not a cat.

And it's a helluva lot rarer than the Iberian Lynx.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    In an ongoing effort to copy apple, microsoft has announced that longhorn will be sold under the verry apt name name "windows house-cat" It will demand all of your attention and go around in circles just before takeing a dump.