PowerBook purchasing help

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
hi, im thinking of getting a PowerBook but i have a couple of questions that i would like to ask first, and if you guys could help me that would be great

Really how good are the G4? I mean like should i wait for the G5 to come out on PowerBook (ive got a PC in the meantime) or is it not worth the wait? I do network admin for a living and am very interested in the macs for audio prduction as a hobby, wat sorta pc is comparable?

the second question is will the price rise when they come out? i know its a hard question but they are pretty cheap atm is all...

thank heaps, VHproject

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Get a 15" pbook with the upgraded hard drive and as much ram as you can afford. You wont be disappointed. DONT WAIT FOR THE PB G5!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    deunandeunan Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

Get a 15" pbook with the upgraded hard drive and as much ram as you can afford. You wont be disappointed. DONT WAIT FOR THE PB G5!

word, if you'll be using the computer for the next year ... don't bother waiting for a G5 pb ... from what www.barefeats.com tells me, i get the impression that 1.5Ghz doesn't make that much of a diff in performance, in addition to the 64 to 128mb video... that would save you a lot of money right there... i upgraded both, and i think the only noticeable diff would be seen in the 1Gb of ram i upgraded to...

deunan
  • Reply 3 of 3
    i concur with the previous 2 posts