TI HD3 Chip

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Has anyone heard anything about this:

Texas Instruments HD3 Chip

The specs on this new Samsung DLP TV sound incredible. Plus no burn-in for gaming!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Of course i'm most interested in xHD3. You're just not seeing HiDef in it's splendid glory unless it's 1080P.

Now TI just needs to get the prices down. The competition is right there with lCoS showing much potential albeit expensively.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    airslufairsluf Posts: 1,861member
    Kickaha and Amorph couldn't moderate themselves out of a paper bag. Abdicate responsibility and succumb to idiocy. Two years of letting a member make personal attacks against others, then stepping aside when someone won't put up with it. Not only that but go ahead and shut down my posting priviledges but not the one making the attacks. Not even the common decency to abide by their warning (afer three days of absorbing personal attacks with no mods in sight), just shut my posting down and then say it might happen later if a certian line is crossed. Bullshit flag is flying, I won't abide by lying and coddling of liars who go off-site, create accounts differing in a single letter from my handle with the express purpose to decieve and then claim here that I did it. Everyone be warned, kim kap sol is a lying, deceitful poster.

Now I guess they should have banned me rather than just shut off posting priviledges, because kickaha and Amorph definitely aren't going to like being called to task when they thought they had it all ignored *cough* *cough* I mean under control. Just a couple o' tools.

Don't worry, as soon as my work resetting my posts is done I'll disappear forever.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    mellomello Posts: 555member
    I'm impressed with the fact that the resolution is 1920 x 1080 progressive!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:

Originally posted by AirSluf

Who broadcasts in 1080p? 720p is the better currently broadcasting standard when compared against 1080i. Looks like it is close to becoming the de-facto gold standard too.

Why have the assumption that HiDef will be mainly broadcast? I too would take 720P over 1080i for broadcast but overall 1080P is the Holy Grail right now. We'll get there but we need more power...and time.