Who would you rather be friends with?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Who would you rather be friends with? A Republican (Bushie) who uses a Mac or a liberal (or anyone anti-Bush) that uses Windows! Bush uses a Mac right, and Kerry a PC? It's all mixed up!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Who would you rather be friends with? A Republican (Bushie) who uses a Mac or a liberal (or anyone anti-Bush) that uses Windows! Bush uses a Mac right, and Kerry a PC? It's all mixed up!

I don't care at all.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    I assume this question is directed towards liberals...

honestly I take the mac user

the thing is when you have a different opinion with someone over polotics you can at least discuss it and try to see their POV... when you try to discuss computer platforms all bets are off...

AO of course being the exception that proves the rule...
  • Reply 3 of 24
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Depends which one puts out.
  • Reply 4 of 24
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    That's our murbot! Cutting through the crap to find what's *really* important!
  • Reply 5 of 24
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Whoops.
  • Reply 6 of 24
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

Bush uses a Mac right

No, Dell.
  • Reply 7 of 24
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

No, Dell.

I would be shocked if bush didnt use a dell, he is bubbleing with hometown/state pride, and Dell is a texas company, apple is based in cali (dua)

as for kerry, he is so arrogant, he wouldnt let his finely manicured fingers touch something as unsightly as a keyboard, he would have his man-servant do it.
  • Reply 8 of 24
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Rush is a Mac'ie also... Those kooky conservs' (noe that is) really dig the Jobs mackines I guess.
  • Reply 9 of 24
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Conservatives rule

and

Macs rule

It goes hand in hand
  • Reply 10 of 24
    Bush used to use a Mac as governor of Texas, and used one during the 2000 presidential campaign. He likely doesn't use any computer now, as president. And if he does, it's almost certainly a Dell -- they sell most of the machines that go to the federal government, and Windows is the OS certified for desktop use by the Feds (Unix also, but they don't use that in places like the West Wing).

Judging from Kerry's website, he probably uses a Windows computer.

Bill Clinton was a Mac user prior to becoming president (probably uses Windows now, not sure). Al Gore was, too, and, of course, is again.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    june 00:

Quote:

ZD: Do you have a computer? How do you use it and the Internet?

GWB: I guess I'm not supposed to be talking about brands, but since Michael Dell is my good friend and Dell is a Texas company, I'm the owner of a Dell computer. I use it mainly for a couple of things. One, e-mail. I stay in touch with my family via e-mail. I've got a private address that I'd say maybe 50 people have with whom I communicate on a regular basis. I'm on my e-mail nearly every day. My mother and I were e-mailing the other day as a matter of fact. My father and I e-mail each other quite frequently. My brother Jeb, who is the governor of Florida, is a prolific e-mailer, and I hear from him quite often. I use the Internet for, well, I'm a rancher and I'm on a Web site that's got Doppler radar available at a touch, so I can see whether or not it's raining on my ranch. I know that sounds kind of weird, but nevertheless when you own the land and it's dry, it's interesting to watch weather patterns and whether or not they're going to affect my ranch.

I occasionally use it for research. Obviously in the campaign, which is a much broader issue, we use the Internet and the Web site to convince people to vote for me and to distribute information and speeches in both English and Spanish. It's an interesting tool for politics, but for me personally, it's a way to communicate with loved ones and close friends.

http://zdnet.com.com/2100-11-521678.html
  • Reply 12 of 24
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fireball1244

Bush used to use a Mac as governor of Texas, and used one during the 2000 presidential campaign. He likely doesn't use any computer now, as president. And if he does, it's almost certainly a Dell -- they sell most of the machines that go to the federal government, and Windows is the OS certified for desktop use by the Feds (Unix also, but they don't use that in places like the West Wing).

Judging from Kerry's website, he probably uses a Windows computer.

Bill Clinton was a Mac user prior to becoming president (probably uses Windows now, not sure). Al Gore was, too, and, of course, is again.

Well at least we have established one thing. Becoming president is bad for Apples market share.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    i hope you are not using the mac / pc as the criteria of voting for the president.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    I don't accept either political affiliation or the computer used by people as valid criteria for befriending them, and I find worthy of contempt those who do.
  • Reply 15 of 24
    staphbabystaphbaby Posts: 353member
    I'll like anyone, so long as their personality isn't wretched and they aren't Nazis, homophobes, racists or sexists.

I do have a slight preference for hippies, punks and anarchists however.

Computer usership is irrelevant.
  • Reply 16 of 24
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    I guess I'd have to try both folks on for size and see who's personality I like best.

its quite possible that I could like the 'Conservative' better . . . but, chances are that anyone who would define themselves that way (ie, as a 'Cosnervative'), rather than say that they 'tend to like Conservative ideas better', just as someone who would say, 'I am a Liberal' rather than say "I tend towards ideas that etc . . ", would be too self catagorizing for my tastes . . .

If they thought that way about all their other interests chances are I wouldn't like either of them . . .

.. although, at least with the Mac user I would be able to talk for a minute or two about their set-up.
  • Reply 17 of 24
    Quote:

I'm completely perplexed...I'd say that my OS discrimination usually doesnt dictate my friendships but Mac users are generally given bonus points.
  • Reply 18 of 24
    Hum... perhaps this dregs up the old "who buys a Mac" demographic battle.

I believe (and I have nothing to back this up) that the vast majority of Mac users are wealthy liberals.

Then again, although I think their heads are too dense to even absorb a simple one button mouse, I think that with enough money a conservative might get a Mac. Maybe.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Not Unlike Myself

Hum... perhaps this dregs up the old "who buys a Mac" demographic battle.

I believe (and I have nothing to back this up) that the vast majority of Mac users are wealthy liberals.

Then again, although I think their heads are too dense to even absorb a simple one button mouse, I think that with enough money a conservative might get a Mac. Maybe.

I'm a less than wealthy Republican just incase your taking a poll
  • Reply 20 of 24
    Quote:

Originally posted by Playmaker

I'm a less than wealthy Republican just incase your taking a poll

Now where did I mention parties? I said *conservatives* you are implying that Republicans like Bush are *gasp* CONSERVATIVE?