10.3.4 kills Poisoned?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Is it just me or did 10.3.4 kill Poisoned? Killed both the old one and .516 for me.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Is it just me or did 10.3.4 kill Poisoned? Killed both the old one and .516 for me.

works fine here
  • Reply 2 of 10
    deunandeunan Posts: 106member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

works fine here

ditto
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Yup, mine still works.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    actually, is poisoned java-based? because i haven't gotten limewire to start after updating to java 1.4.2, so that might be it.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Naaa. Couldn't be. Poisoned is too fast to be Javascript.

But both Poisoned and Limewire both work on my machine.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Java and JavaScript are completely unrelated. (Thanks, Netscape, for the stupid name change. It was originally LiveScript, if memory serves.)
  • Reply 7 of 10
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    what, specifically do you mean by "killed' kevin? like, it won't open, or it just doesn't work, because mine works just fine...
  • Reply 8 of 10
    ragexragex Posts: 126member
    Works fine for me still.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Java and JavaScript are completely unrelated. (Thanks, Netscape, for the stupid name change. It was originally LiveScript, if memory serves.)

as i was told long ago, "java" and "javascript" have about as much in common as the words "car" and "cargo."

• Reply 10 of 10
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    That's odd... I don't know what I did but it works fine now. The old and new versions used to beachball all the time. Poisoned still gets real unwieldy with lots of downloads in progress. Is that a "memory leak?"