I'm takin' off, eh

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Well folks, it?s been swell. I?ve really enjoyed the last few years here, but I?ve decided to hang ?em up and call it a career.

I don't plan on leaving AppleInsider all together. I'll still poke my head in from time to time, I just won't be dropping locks on threads and messing with accounts of people I hate. (just kidding!*)

I've actually been contemplating this for quite a while. I just don't have the gusto for the job, and for Apple, that I had once upon a time. I think some enthusiastic new blood in here will be good for the community.

2 years ago I'd post a long, helpful explanation to a newbie's questions... now I just sit there thinking of a unique way to make fun of him, either with a hard-to-understand sarcastic jab, or a funny image. Sure, it's fun as hell, but what kind of message is that sending to the kids?

And also, please don't take this as me hating it here and moving to another forum. I?m no longer a moderator at ANY forums? I'm a free agent, baby. I might actually see if there are still other Mac forums or websites out there!

It's been really, really great here. Thanks for the memories. (and mammaries, until that thread was deleted) heh heh

See you around, guys. Take care, stay strong, fight the power, war eagle, and all that crap.

Off to the beer fridge!

*sort of

Comments

• Reply 1 of 22
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    We still want reviews everytime something new comes out.
  • Reply 2 of 22
    dfryerdfryer Posts: 140member
    Hoser!!! :P

Nah, I've enjoyed having you around here, murbot, and I hope you have fun with your moderation-free future
  • Reply 3 of 22
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Damn Canadians never sticking with it!

Kidding of course Murbot. You've done us well. Everyone needs a change of course now and then. Being a Mod isn't easy ...you have to log in and keep the natives in check. I don't envy you there. Best wishes.
  • Reply 4 of 22
    Adios. Bueno suerte!
  • Reply 5 of 22
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    So long, and thanks for all the beer, eh.

We'll miss your bad self*.

*but our aim's getting better.
  • Reply 6 of 22
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    Who knows,,, this new free time for Murbot may allow him to bring us some more Dremel threads.... You know the kind.... when HD's get roasted over the flames of hell etc.

There is only one Murbot and he knows where to come hang when he has spare time and needs a 6 pack...

Don't be a stranger Murbot!

Fellowship
  • Reply 7 of 22
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Damn! Now what am I gunna do with this leftover beer?*

Find yourself some good sunglasses and watch your first step into the real world, its a tricky one.

Good luck

*EDIT: Woops, looks like a few Guarana slipped in there too.
  • Reply 8 of 22
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member

Have a good time, old soggy bear. Moderating can be a hard job, but you did a fucking good job. Thanks for the laughs and the occasional screen cleaning.. hehehe
  • Reply 9 of 22
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Have fun, you goofy canuck.

If the Flames win, I'll drink a beer for you. If the Lightning win, well, I'll still drink plenty of beer but I won't pack in that extra one for you.

Ebby: Send the beer to me. We'll make sure it doesn't skunk on you.
  • Reply 10 of 22
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Thanks guys. Yeah, maybe I'll get inspired one of these days and pound out another classic thread.

I do have a non-functional 27" TV in my garage, a digital video camera, and a nice high balcony at work over asphalt... maybe an SCTV tribute thread, with beer, Macs, and lesbian makeout clips thrown in for a little cultural diversity.

It's not like I have to set an example now, or anything.

• Reply 11 of 22
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Your presence has been great. I'm sure people here will still affectionately refer to an Apple shopping frenzy, as a "going Murbot"

• Reply 12 of 22
    thunderpoitthunderpoit Posts: 709member
    in the words of Robin Williams: Get the heck out of here, you goofy little Canadian bastard, eh!

hope you dont stay too far from AI, let us know when the video is done. mmmmm, lesbians.....
  • Reply 13 of 22
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Pussy.

• Reply 14 of 22
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I didn't say I was accepting requests for content in my video, pscates.

• Reply 15 of 22
    matveimatvei Posts: 193member
    Thanks murbot
  • Reply 16 of 22
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

It's not like I have to set an example now, or anything.

Err... Like when did you?

Visit often. 8)
  • Reply 17 of 22
    Best of luck! Thanks for the great advice. I am still infected with the bug though!
  • Reply 18 of 22
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Retiring at 30? Murbot, you have to tell me the name of your financial consultant.

Seriously, thanks for all the hard work at the forums.
  • Reply 19 of 22
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I never did find out what you IMed me for. Now I guess I'll never know.
  • Reply 20 of 22
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Cheerio, mate! If you get another new Mac maybe throw one this way?