The Official MWSF Countdown Thread

Comments

• Reply 41 of 112
    yeah, i could do a day....maybe....but 10!@##@$@%%^#!!@$%@@@#@%# dang, here i go again....g
  • Reply 42 of 112
    spartspart Posts: 2,060member
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAgent:

<strong>Hey, I made mine first!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes but mine looks nicer.

• Reply 43 of 112
    Hmm I need to fake sick. Damn school and coming back the day of Steve's keynote. I don't think I'll be able to fake sick and stay home though. Now what I could do is watch it assuming they have a Quicktime stream at skool. The stream wouldnt suck either cause its probably a T1 connection or something. Let's see.....keynote begins at 9 I'm just getting to the class where I use a computer. Hopefully we're on the computers that day.
  • Reply 44 of 112
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    I hope TechTV shows the keynote again, so I can set my VCR up to rec. and watch it when I get home. I am not going to fake sick, I have had perfect attendence since the 7th grade. I am hopeing for a small snowstorm that prevents school but does not mess up DirectTV.
  • Reply 45 of 112
    I don't think I get TechTV. I heard the girls were cute too.
  • Reply 46 of 112
    [quote]Originally posted by Spart:

<strong>

Yes but mine looks nicer.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well, I've already made ALL of mine and there are about 45 or so. I probably won't be able to post all of them in time, I wonder if I could set up something automated...anyone know?

And about yours looking nicer, it looks exactly like mine, but with a box around it.
  • Reply 47 of 112
    <a href="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/mwsf02/"; target="_blank"></a>

(Edit: Included Link, click on the image :eek: )

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: Spart ]</p>
  • Reply 47 of 112
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    9 Days!
  • Reply 49 of 112
    wahoo, 9 left! (10 till I get to see and use the new systems)

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: Eupfhoria ]</p>
  • Reply 51 of 112
    Dammit, I'm posting mine too.

• Reply 52 of 112
    I'm betting that Steve rides out onto the stage on a Segway (ginger).

Anyone agree/ disagree? Do you think that would get people immediately "pumped up"?
  • Reply 53 of 112
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Fluppy has got it!!! Steve on IT with two acolyte's carrying on their heads, respectively, a G5 PowerMac Tower in Tawny and an incrediMac G4 Cube box (with assorted pieces dangling down).
  • Reply 54 of 112
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]Originally posted by fluppy:

<strong>I'm betting that Steve rides out onto the stage on a Segway (ginger).

Anyone agree/ disagree? Do you think that would get people immediately "pumped up"?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Why would he want to focus attention on anything other than Apple Product? Plus what does he do with it once he steps off it - he can't just leave it parked in the middle of the stage.
  • Reply 55 of 112
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    [quote]Originally posted by glurx:

<strong>

Why would he want to focus attention on anything other than Apple Product? Plus what does he do with it once he steps off it - he can't just leave it parked in the middle of the stage.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Step off of it? Are you smoking something? He'd drive it around the stage for his whole keynote!

Why walk when you can ride in style!?
  • Reply 56 of 112
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]Originally posted by CosmoNut:

<strong>

Step off of it? Are you smoking something? He'd drive it around the stage for his whole keynote!

Why walk when you can ride in style!?</strong><hr></blockquote>

He always sits down to demo some aspect of OS X.
  • Reply 57 of 112
    nebagakidnebagakid Posts: 2,692member
    That would be great, a giant snow storm on the east side of the US!!!!

Then, they could have the keynote and i could stay home
  • Reply 58 of 112
    [quote]Originally posted by CosmoNut:

<strong>

Why walk when you can ride in style!?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Exactly!

Someone else could take it away if so desired.

re: "Why would he promote a non-Apple product."

Steve does that all the time with Pixar movies. Steve cross-promoting his interests is nothing new.

Anyway... the Stevenote is about theater and creating a buzz. Riding in on the Segway would be great theater.

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: fluppy ]</p>
  • Reply 59 of 112
    It would be great theater if Steve Ballmer rode a segway onto the stage of an M$ pep ralley.
  • Reply 60 of 112
    So Steve rides in on a Segway HT to deliver the Stevenote...then guess what, another damned partnership between Apple and Microsoft, Billy G. rides in with his giant 8 wheel 4WD John Deer tractor and runs Steve and the display Macs over. Just fu**ing great.