Ok. I've had enough...

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 97
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by faust9

Hamburgers are made by people too (if you want to play the strawman game). Things made by people must be tantamount to terrorism. MickyD's must be a terrorist organizatio--quick call the Crisco Kid (John Ashcroft).

You know what else you can do to people? Educate them. You can heal them. You can stop supporting opressive regimes. You can support uprisings from within instead of invading them.

Are you willing to go and "Educate" the people that we are talking about?

People can also learn from a bunker buster bomb too. I know I would.
  • Reply 82 of 97
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

Pakistan? SA? Iran now admitting to importing centrifuges? What is it, like 30,000 US troops in Afghanistan?

Looks like many things happening on the WOT front. I am not sure what you are talking about. There is a new book out about the LONG relationship between SH(Iraq) and OBL(Al-Qaeda), you should read it. The author is Steve Hayze I think. i heard an interview with the guy and he seems very credible.

Of course I am sure the "usuals" will find a way to marginalize him or his credentials.

We used 500,000 troops the first time we invaded Iraq and you think 30,000 is enough to police an entire country? Iran, Pakistan, N.Korea are STILL developing nuclear weapons. Pakistan is developing ICBM's for gods sake and you're holding them up as a success?

PS. there are books detailing Bush's ties to terrorism via Saudi Arabia too.
  • Reply 83 of 97
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

i heard an interview with the guy and he seems very credible ... Of course I am sure the "usuals" will find a way to marginalize him or his credentials.

Maybe that's because we know the whole story and therefore aren't just operating on a "seems" level.

You do realize it's just an extended version of his WS article over the already discredited Feith memo (including, according to amazon, the long ago totally discredited atta/prague BS) and a rehashing of mylorie's crackpot conspiracy theories?
  • Reply 84 of 97
    Quote:

Are you willing to go and "Educate" the people that we are talking about?

People can also learn from a bunker buster bomb too. I know I would.

Yes, that's what Afghanistan was supposed to accomplish. We went in with glorious dreams of rebuilding this country. Well guess what the Tallibal is growing again in Afghanistan. Education is the only way to improve a society. Economic advantage comes from education and technology development NOT from bunker Busters. Bunker Busters only teach people to hate those that drop the bombs. Bunker Busters only teach how to fight back. Anybody who pays attention knows that education is the stimulus to building a better society. Technology development has a larger effect on an economy than any other stimulus. You don't develop new technologies without education.
  • Reply 85 of 97
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

PS. there are books detailing Bush's ties to terrorism via Saudi Arabia too.

Hell, we don't even need books. I can sum it up in just a couple sentences:

Princess Haifa accused of sending a check to atta.* Princess Haifa speaking of the bushes: "The Bushes are like my mother and father." As in they have thanksgiving dinner together.

Those are the indisputable facts. As in solid fact. As in not already discredited.

I'll read house of saud at some point, too. I'm sure there is some great stuff in there.

*However, I highly, highly doubt Haifa was intending on funding 9.11 in any way.
  • Reply 86 of 97
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Yes, that's what Afghanistan was supposed to accomplish. We went in with glorious dreams of rebuilding this country. Well guess what the Tallibal is growing again in Afghanistan. Education is the only way to improve a society. Economic advantage comes from education and technology development NOT from bunker Busters. Bunker Busters only teach people to hate those that drop the bombs. Bunker Busters only teach how to fight back. Anybody who pays attention knows that education is the stimulus to building a better society. Technology development has a larger effect on an economy than any other stimulus. You don't develop new technologies without education.

So any show of force just teaches hate?

Ha.
  • Reply 87 of 97
    I like this thread. It feels like a game of Unreal Tournament at 4 in the morning against strangers where you have the 8 ball and are spanking the yuppies.
  • Reply 88 of 97
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Common Man

George W Bush is not to blame for terrorism! Those who decapitate innocent people are responsible for their actions and should be held accountable! The left whines and moans about America "upsetting the international community" and "creating terrorists" by our policies. What the left does not understand is that we don't care about "the international community" any more than it cares about us. We must take care of our own security and defend ourselves against those who want to harm us. The left would have us hold hands with terrorists and "learn to understand them". We don't want to understand them sir, we want to kill them. George W Bush understand this and that is exactly what he is doing.

Wasn't one of those killed at the wedding . . . yes, a young boy, was decapitated by an American missile.

hmmm?

BTW: who is this guy? he has to be a joke!! one of you are in disguise and hamming up the corn-ball schtick It is all too much!!
  • Reply 89 of 97
    Quote:

So any show of force just teaches hate?

Ha.

The crows are nowhere to be found so put the straw-man away. I didn't say 'any show of force' and you know this.

I'll answer your question with a question though. How many terrorist organizations have been minimized by combat?

Oh, and I wonder where you got the WWII link (like that link has a double meaning)?
  • Reply 90 of 97
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Japan held a very similar view of the US/West. They were not the terrorists that we know today, rather a nation. Similarities are there none the less, In particular the fanaticism.

The US fought them militarily and won. And won them over as a nation, so one could draw some parallels between now and then. Of course there is the Nazis. And so on....

Japan was a nation state, with vague Bushido codes of honor: ie, 'respect the victor', but most importantly, McArthur made sure that we spent HUGE amounts of money on an immediate rebuilding effort.

Rumor has it that a highway in Afghanistan is close to done . . \
  • Reply 91 of 97
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Rumor has it that a highway in Afghanistan is close to done . . \

This *is* a rumor site after all.
  • Reply 92 of 97
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Wasn't one of those killed at the wedding . . . yes, a young boy, was decapitated by an American missile.

hmmm?

BTW: who is this guy? he has to be a joke!! one of you are in disguise and hamming up the corn-ball schtick It is all too much!!

Well, there's nothing more moving than a demagogue.
  • Reply 93 of 97
    common mancommon man Posts: 522member
    Do we have any reason to believe that that was a wedding of innocent people? Were there not weapon stocks on site? So what if a bunch of terrorists had a wedding and we bombed it? Are we to consider them innocent civilians because they decided to have a party?
  • Reply 94 of 97
    fungusfungus Posts: 2member
    Quote:

November will be a referendum for freedom and values and for Christianity. The elites will see that they have failed. America will reelect our President by a land slide and reject the negative liberal agenda. We support our President and the war on terror. .

^ Very scary!

"November will be a referendum for freedom and values and for Christianity. The elites will see that they have failed. America will reelect our President by a land slide and reject the negative liberal agenda. We support our President and the war on terror!!!"

Death to the Heretics!!!

"November will be a referendum for freedom and values and for Christianity. The elites will see that they have failed. America will reelect our President by a land slide and reject the negative liberal agenda. We support our President and the war on terror!!!"

Kill the Infidels!!! Victory will be ours!!! hahaha

Are there more like him in here? This is one scary place.
  • Reply 95 of 97
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

Education is the only way to improve a society. Economic advantage comes from education and technology development

Go to Kazakhstan, Kyrygzstan, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine, or other former Soviet countries and show me the economic advantage coming from education (they have a literacy rate of 99% compared to Iraq's LR of about 35%)

there cannot be any more economically advantaged countries in the world...with global capitalism it is a matter of the North exploiting the South, who will remain subservient until a global revolution.

Afghanistan, Iraq, those countries have OIL, that will move a country further than education these days. That is a good way to make the country LOOK good economically, even though oil money always finds its way to the hands of a few while the rest of the country starves.
  • Reply 96 of 97
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Are we to consider them innocent civilians because they decided to have a party?

*sniff sniff* stinks like troll.