Put Ted Kennedy on Trial for Treason!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I don't have to list his statements about the President and the war here as I am sure you are all familiar with the things he has said. He has called Iraq "Bush's VN". He has made comments about the Iraqi torture chambers opening up under "new US management". The list goes on. Many of us here in Texas think that he should be arrested and tried for treason. He is publically critical of the President and the military in times of war. Hence he is aiding the enemy.

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/gue.../jm_0517.shtml

Comments

• Reply 1 of 49
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    What's 2004 - 1988?
  • Reply 2 of 49
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Common Man

I don't have to list his statements about the President and the war here as I am sure you are all familiar with the things he has said. He has called Iraq "Bush's VN". He has made comments about the Iraqi torture chambers opening up under "new US management". The list goes on. Many of us here in Texas think that he should be arrested and tried for treason. He is publically critical of the President and the military in times of war. Hence he is aiding the enemy.

\\

While I think that Kennedy is a drunken slob guilty of vehicular manslaughter, I cannot disagree strongly enough with the equating of public criticism and 'aiding the enemy'. That is simply utter bullshit.

In that case, you'd have had to arrest most of Texas when Clinton sent troops to Kosovo, right?

Free speech is still free, and as soon as it is well and truly dead, so is this country, our ideals, and voila... the enemy *has* won.
  • Reply 3 of 49
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    god i hate nationalism.

funny post though . "He is publically critical of the President and the military in times of war. Hence he is aiding the enemy."

• Reply 4 of 49
    I'm curious about what you think Kennedy meant when he said, "Iraq is George Bush's Vietnam."
  • Reply 5 of 49
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I thought the post was sarcastic?
  • Reply 6 of 49
    Quote:

Wow. Spooky stuff.
  • Reply 7 of 49
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Many of us here in Texas think that he should be arrested and tried for treason.

I agree 100%. I think Kerry, and all the rest of Bush's political opponents should be arrested too. Furthermore, the election ought to be cancelled, because voting against Bush would clearly be aiding the enemy. I believe a combination of the USA-PATRIOT act and the executive orders allowing the Pentagon to detain American citizens without trial for aiding the enemy could be used. I'm going to e-mail RNC right now.
  • Reply 9 of 49
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

I'm curious about what you think Kennedy meant when he said, "Iraq is George Bush's Vietnam."

Simple, he wanted more face time on the evening news, newspapers, sunday shows, catv shows and so on.
  • Reply 10 of 49
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Is that site done by the Landover Baptist people or what?!
  • Reply 11 of 49
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Many of us here in Texas think that he should be arrested and tried for treason. He is publically critical of the President and the military in times of war. Hence he is aiding the enemy.

I suggest that if you seriously believe those who express dissent against the President during this time of war are guilty of treason, and if you are unhappy with the way the namby pamby government is handling their treason, you should openly call for their death. Death is, of course, one of the penalties for treason. Start a movement, man! Rally people to your cause!

Say it loud, say it proud, if you believe it: Ted Kennedy and all who agree with him (i.e. liberals) should be shot.

Just try it. Seriously. Say it out loud: I think that liberals should be round up and shot. Repeat as necessary. Start up conversations with random people around your town. Just walk up to some guy on the street and say "You know, I seriously think that every liberal in the country ought to be round up and shot. I also think that anyone who has expressed opposition to the war is guilty of treason and ought to be shot."

If the last election was any indication, it shouldn't take long. Only 50,996,116 voted for Gore.
  • Reply 12 of 49
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Sometimes I'm truly scared of the way "many people" people think....

Edit: Thanks, Common Man, for an even scarier clarification.
  • Reply 13 of 49
    common mancommon man Posts: 522member
    You seem to think this is some whack idea I came up with. Many people see this as I do. It is a very active topic amongst conservatives.
  • Reply 14 of 49
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

You seem to think this is some whack idea I came up with. Many people see this as I do. It is a very active topic amongst conservatives.

Oh I suspect that most of us around here are well aware that a large number of conservatives believe what you've just argued. And hey, I'm serious as a heart attack in my advice. I think you guys ought to be out in the street calling for the death/incarceration of liberals and all other Bush opponents. I want to see you all on television articulating your agenda. I want to see you in the papers. I want to see you marching on the capitol.

Serious as a heart attack, man. Get out there! Don't skulk around on the internet! Use it to your advantage. Hell, use meetup.com to to arrange meeting places.
  • Reply 15 of 49
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    Quote:

"He is publically critical of the President and the military in times of war. Hence he is aiding the enemy."

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this statement was sarcasm. assuming it was not, well, hmmm..i'm glad you aren't old enough to take such absurd beliefs to the polls in november
  • Reply 16 of 49
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

i'm glad you aren't old enough to take such absurd beliefs to the polls in november

+1
  • Reply 17 of 49
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    If they put Ted Kennedy on trial for speaking out against the war, they should put the President on trial for putting our troops in harms way in the first place. After all, weren't the President's reasons for attacking Iraq in the first place built on lies? Uranium from Africa? Give me a break.

Plus, we haven't heard much about the wife of Ambassador Joe Wilson lately. Remember that? Let me refresh people's memory. Robert Novak, a conservative columnist, was leaked the name of Wilson's wife, a CIA operative, and told to 'out her' in a column. This 'story' and Novak's sources came directly from the White House. There is a federal investigation ongoing into who leaked her name. I'm surprised the outrage over that has died down over in Texas.

I guess the majority of people from Texas don't care about people in the Bush Administration intentionally blowing the cover of CIA operatives to serve their own political needs.....
  • Reply 18 of 49
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Fran441

If they put Ted Kennedy on trial for speaking out against the war, they should put the President on trial for putting our troops in harms way in the first place. After all, weren't the President's reasons for attacking Iraq in the first place built on lies? Uranium from Africa? Give me a break.

He didn't lie about uranium from Africa. What he said was true.
  • Reply 19 of 49
    kneelbeforezodkneelbeforezod Posts: 1,120member
    Quote:

He is publically critical of the President and the military in times of war. Hence he is aiding the enemy.

Wow, you must really hate having to live in a country where people are afforded freedom of speech. Midwinter's right, you'd better get out there and start changing it now.

Or you could always just leave.
  • Reply 20 of 49
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    One other thing......

How many brothers did Ted Kennedy lose due to the service of this country? He lost 3. His brother Joe during WW2, his brother John to assassination, and his brother Robert to assassination. They all fought for people's rights to say what they felt and Ted Kennedy is definitely speaking his mind now. He's not the only one who feels that way either.