Big Bang Theory

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
How do you lose one, let alone two of these?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/06/01/fbi...eut/index.html

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Haven't you seen Maximum Overdrive? These things just *walk* off!
  • Reply 2 of 14
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Wait a minute... Texas.....propane...

Hank Hill's finally snapped!
  • Reply 3 of 14
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    I'm watching discovery science TV right now, program called "extreme universe" it's discussing 'planet hunters', those that search for new planets on the fringe of what we can see.

Naturally they mentioned big bang theory, and I was hoping this thread would be about the universe and how it formed.

Because, the universe is 8)
  • Reply 4 of 14
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Dude, Where's My Propane Tanker?
  • Reply 5 of 14
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

How do you lose one, let alone two of these?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/06/01/fbi...eut/index.html

Good lord that's disturbing. Makes you wonder, in all our zeal to secure the airlines, how much attention has been paid to trucking, shipping, and railway security.
  • Reply 6 of 14
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by midwinter

Good lord that's disturbing. Makes you wonder, in all our zeal to secure the airlines, how much attention has been paid to trucking, shipping, and railway security.

I can't speak for 'we' but it seems everyone I've talked to about the possibility of another terrorist attack similar to 9/11, the general consensus is that they'd be foolish to try planes again, but tanker trucks, big rigs, vans, buses could cause quite the bit of havoc too. \
  • Reply 7 of 14
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    "The FBI was concerned the trucks or the propane could be used as a bomb, but Patterson said there was no indication that was the purpose of the theft."

....because the note left behind said so? How in the hell can they make a stupid statment like that. Personally I would give out as much info as possible and tell everyone the reality of what this could be used for that way people are on the lookout for this, (excuse me forgot there were 2) these things.

• Reply 8 of 14
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Maybe it's just me but I think the reason they say there was no indication that it would be used fore a bomb was because nothing indicated that it would be used for a bomb. Or said another way there was no evidence to indicate that it would be used for a bomb.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    They lost 2 also? Man, those trucks just run off don't they?

Man, ya know just the other day somebody swiped my propane truck. And right before our big memorial day BBQ.

The NERVE! It's a horrible world we live in... just horrible.
  • Reply 10 of 14
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    They found them in Southern Texas.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    kraig911kraig911 Posts: 912member
    smugglers from mexico get them all the time, its just this time it got press...
  • Reply 12 of 14
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Dude. I just wanted to play with 'em. Y'all are so sensitive!
  • Reply 14 of 14
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    but how do you get something from nothing? it like, uh, doesn't make sense.