Michael Moore - Fahrenheit 9/11 (general discussion - merged)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 405
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    The site is getting hammered. Just keep reloading the page until it has enough bandwidth to show you the trailer.

As for Michael Moore, I like him, but am quite disappointed he is supporting John Kerry, a Bush-lite in almost all respects. It's logically contradictory.
  • Reply 2 of 405
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

As for Michael Moore, I like him, but am quite disappointed he is supporting John Kerry, a Bush-lite in almost all respects. It's logically contradictory.

You'd rather have him support some protest candidate who can't win, who can only help Bush? That would be logically contradictory.
  • Reply 3 of 405
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Michael Moore is an idiotic hack and a fraud.
  • Reply 4 of 405
    Quote:

Originally posted by SDW2001

Michael Moore is an idiotic hack and a fraud.

Well, there you have it. This insightful comment has wrapped up the whole thread, so we might as well just lock the thread and go home.

Well, unless someone has anything of substance to add.
  • Reply 5 of 405
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Oh yay, the latest Distortiomentary from the Slantmeister himself. Cannes winner LOL. Of course! Yet another big back patting fest for his half-truths and creative editing, I'm sure. What a joke.

Can't view the trailer yet. But apparently...

Quote:

From Moorewatch:

THE FIRST POINT MOORE MAKES IS A LIE.

We ALL know this trailer could have been edited for posting online as late as yesterday._ Richard Clarke has already said he was the one who approved the flight.

Why is Moore still claiming that Bush authorized the flights on 9/11?_ He knows it?s not true._ Clarke is no fan of Bush._ He hates Bush, and we all know it.

http://www.hillnews.com/news/052604/clarke.aspx

Such a sensationalist. Can someone who's viewed it verify thats what he claims?
  • Reply 6 of 405
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    why isn't this trailer at www.apple.com/quicktime/trailers/ ???

there would be no bandwidth problem...
  • Reply 7 of 405
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Predictable whining. At least Moore isn't spewing his "lies" on radio or television EVERY day like Rush Limbaugh and O'Liely to name but 2. Ahh, the irony is pretty thick here. Brilliant!

Edit: just got through 1/3 of the trailer and Moore seems to have some sort of document with Bush's name on it re: the flights out of the US.

I bet you Limbaugh fans are causing the bandwidth problems.
  • Reply 8 of 405
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
  • Reply 9 of 405
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Predictable whining. At least Moore isn't spewing his "lies" on radio or television EVERY day like Rush Limbaugh and O'Liely to name but 2. Ahh, the irony is pretty thick here. Brilliant!

Edit: just got through 1/3 of the trailer and Moore seems to have some sort of document with Bush's name on it re: the flights out of the US.

I bet you Limbaugh fans are causing the bandwidth problems.

Hmm...doesn't sound like whining to me.

Michael Moore is an established and documented liar. Have we not seen the fabricated interview story (re: Fred Barnes)? He orchestrated the publicity stunt with Disney for his own gain.

http://www.mooreexposed.com/

http://www.moorewatch.com/

http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/

It amazes me that while many of you run around posting "Bush Lied! Rumsfeld Lied! Powell Lied! Rice Lied! Cheney LIED!".....you can't or or won't see the overwhelming evidence of Moore's blatant and obvious deception. It's not even in question.
  • Reply 10 of 405
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Michael Moore is an established and documented liar. Have we not seen the fabricated interview story (re: Fred Barnes)? He orchestrated the publicity stunt with Disney for his own gain.

http://www.mooreexposed.com/

http://www.moorewatch.com/

http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/

It amazes me that while many of you run around posting "Bush Lied! Rumsfeld Lied! Powell Lied! Rice Lied! Cheney LIED!".....you can't or or won't see the overwhelming evidence of Moore's blatant and obvious deception. It's not even in question.

Don't you get it? It's not a lie when a liberal/democrat does it, it is for the greater good of all people. So it;s OK.

Those are just the rules.

They call anything that comes from the white house a lie, simply because of where it originates from.

Follow the rules, will ya?

Edit:Oh yeah, any type of proof that you have or any links you have will be dismissed because your sources are Bus-loving, Neo-con sites, therefore are not credible.
  • Reply 11 of 405
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quote:

"Bush Lied! Rumsfeld Lied! Powell Lied! Rice Lied! Cheney LIED!".....you can't or or won't see the overwhelming evidence of Moore's blatant and obvious deception. It's not even in question.

Which of these things is not like the others? Which of them does not belong?

Bush Rumsfeld Powell Rice Cheney Moore

Come on. This isn't really that hard.
  • Reply 12 of 405
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

The site is getting hammered. Just keep reloading the page until it has enough bandwidth to show you the trailer.

Hey Mods, can I somehow drop the word Baffoon in here without getting you upset?

Maybe if I wrap in this term: History's Baffoon . . .?

Or: Baffoon of wannabe radicalism?

how about: Quelle Baffoonerie?!?!

or even: Look at the Bafffoon in the window! Safari window!

Or perhaps in a little dialogue:

X -"BAFFOON!!"

Y -"Gasundheit!!"

?
  • Reply 13 of 405
    kneelbeforezodkneelbeforezod Posts: 1,120member
    Quote:

It amazes me that while many of you run around posting "Bush Lied! Rumsfeld Lied! Powell Lied! Rice Lied! Cheney LIED

It amazes me that you are equating the alleged lying of a movie maker and author with the alleged lying of the people who are running this country.
  • Reply 14 of 405
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Bush - "some people call you the Elite. . . I call you my base"

snicker snicker

• Reply 15 of 405
    Quote:

Your first post, certainly does. edit: and Naples just came out to further prove the case.
    Quote:

Documented eh? Ok, I'm not gonna defend a moviemaker. Couldn't care less. I will definitely go watch the movie and then make MY own decision and not let someone else do the thinking for me. You might want to try that sometime. Could prove enlightening.
    Quote:

It's even more amazing that you can't see the diffence between someone who makes movies and people who actually affect hundreds of millions of lives with their lies and policies.
  • Reply 16 of 405
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

They call anything that comes from the white house a lie, simply because of where it originates from.

Well, that's overgeneralizing. This White House does have a very good record of....twisting and spinning, if not outright manufacturing things. So let's keep praising them for that amazing ability.

Quote:

Edit:Oh yeah, any type of proof that you have or any links you have will be dismissed because your sources are Bus-loving, Neo-con sites, therefore are not credible.

Now this is just weak. Attacking the public transportation system? You elitist bastahds!

You know Naples, maybe if you hadn't dug up some of the weakest, silliest and most ridiculous websites(and assumptions in some of those cases)as sources in the past, your "sources" would at least be given some consideration.

Gonna go to CBC to see who's been murdered this week.
  • Reply 17 of 405
    cooopcooop Posts: 390member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

I have no problem with sources who love busses.
  • Reply 18 of 405
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

snicker snicker

Now that's not fair! You and Moore are taking Bush out of context! I'm... I'm sure that there's some context where this was a perfectly fine thing to say.

Like, for example, um... sucking up to the rich and powerful whose interests are your primary interest. Yeah! Did you ever think about that? Huh? Huh?

I mean, come on, give a guy break.
  • Reply 19 of 405
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

snicker snicker

I bet you don't even know where that quote came from and the context that surrounded it. You probably don't care, right?
  • Reply 20 of 405
    faust9faust9 Posts: 1,335member
    I'll chime in and say Moore isn't know to have a pension for the truth in my neck of the woods (West side of Detroit). Roger And Me and Bowling both had inconsistencies that locals knew/know about--and I'm not talking about an incorrect date or name. I wont defend Moore's documentaries in the least as factual representations. Does he present his point of view in a compelling way? Yes. If you watch one of his films holding the "I Believe" button then his form of demagoguery is effective. Is Moore's world-view grounded in reality? Not all that often IMO. Moral of the story, watch a M.Moore flick with a grain, or three for that matter, of salt. Know that in there somewhere may be a point and a nugget of truth. Also know that the layer(s) of presentation and factual BS surrounding the nugget may be quite extensive.

If Moore were a research scientist then his career would have been over long ago. Fortunately Moore is an entertainer (like Gallagher) where peer review and fact checking are not nearly as critical as presentation. There are many flicks put out by Follywood "based" in fact which couldn't be further from the truth (The Day After springs to mind).

Personally, I'll probably let my wife drag me to see Fahrenheit but I'll go in knowing Moore has fibbed and misled in the past. I'll go in suspecting Moore is presenting the film as a partisan attack.

Just my 2 cents. Good day all.