President Reagan 1911-2004

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
No matter you which party you side with you can not deny that President Regan played a vital roll in the world's history. During his presidency the Berlin wall fell as did the USSR.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 73
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
  • Reply 2 of 73
    sdw2001sdw2001 Posts: 18,015member
    Very sad. God bless the former President and his family.
  • Reply 3 of 73
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    May he rest in peace.
  • Reply 4 of 73
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Rest in peace, Mr. President.

At least his long and debilitating battle with Alzheimer's disease is finally over.
  • Reply 5 of 73
    /mandolux//mandolux/ Posts: 648member
    ...he is now in hell in the company of a few Nicaraguan friends.
  • Reply 6 of 73
    Thatcher next, please.
  • Reply 7 of 73
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Thatcher next, please.

Touching.
  • Reply 8 of 73
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Quote:

...he is now in hell in the company of a few Honduran friends.

I see you were a big fan.

Very sad.

A great man and a great president.
  • Reply 9 of 73
    ericgericg Posts: 135member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Hassan i Sabbah

Thatcher next, please.

Damn I miss those Spitting Images episodes with both of them
  • Reply 10 of 73
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Kind of fitting and ironic that he die on the Anniversary of D-Day, being a man of that generation, and being such a great orator and someone who - despite whatever shortcomings he had - made Americans feel proud again. I'm just glad he and his family suffer from that awful disease no more. What torment....
  • Reply 11 of 73
    Quote:

During his presidency the Berlin wall fell as did the USSR.

If by "his" you mean GHWB's presidency then yes those events happened during his presidency. Shrub the Father was in office in Nov 89 when the Berlin Wall fell. I suppose that one could suggest several different dates for when the USSR fell- I'd choose the failed coup when Yeltsin got his schwerv on myself- but they're pretty much all during GWHB's tenure as well.
  • Reply 12 of 73
    fahlmanfahlman Posts: 740member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

If by "his" you mean GHWB's presidency then yes those events happened during his presidency. Shrub the Father was in office in Nov 89 when the Berlin Wall fell. I suppose that one could suggest several different dates for when the USSR fell- I'd choose the failed coup when Yeltsin got his schwerv on myself- but they're pretty much all during GWHB's tenure as well.

You are correct. My memory, and my education, failed me.
  • Reply 13 of 73
    Quote:

Originally posted by /mandolux/

...he is now in hell in the company of a few Nicaraguan friends.

You could direct similar accusations at any modern-era president...except maybe Jimmy Carter, unless peanuts rule the afterlife.
  • Reply 14 of 73
    screedscreed Posts: 1,077member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Kind of fitting and ironic that he die on the Anniversary of D-Day, being a man of that generation, and being such a great orator and someone who - despite whatever shortcomings he had - made Americans feel proud again. I'm just glad he and his family suffer from that awful disease no more. What torment....

I heard Wolf Blitzer say something similar: What a great guy to time his death so appropriately. \ Whatever Wolf...

Screed
  • Reply 15 of 73
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Great President,

Great Man,

Great Life,

Great Loss
  • Reply 16 of 73
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ColanderOfDeath

...Nov 89 when the Berlin Wall fell....

Regan: "Mr Gorvachave(sp?), Tear down this wall!"

what was that?
  • Reply 17 of 73
    Quote:

Originally posted by sCreeD

I heard Wolf Blitzer say something similar: What a great guy to time his death so appropriately. \ Whatever Wolf...

Yeah, I boggled at that quote when I heard it too. Um, what??
  • Reply 18 of 73
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    It's too bad he didnt suffer with Alzheimer's (you don't realize you're suffering) like the thousands he murdered and the millions he caused suffering. It would have been certainly more ironic if he had died of AIDS instead of Alzheimer's because of how long he blew off the AIDS research funding. Or better yet, lung cancer, considering his worthless environmental policies thinking trees were a major contributor to pollution.
  • Reply 19 of 73
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Rest in peace, Mr. President.

At least his long and debilitating battle with Alzheimer's disease is finally over.

Yes, it's a terrible disease. My father had Parkinson's and though the symptoms are different...it can be a long and drawn out ordeal. Rest easy cowboy. In many ways he was a genuine American. But he fostered the people and ideology we have today (and their offspring) in office..and that really sucks.

With that over with...

/fuckhim

• Reply 20 of 73
    ewwhiteewwhite Posts: 29member