printer and scanner

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
we recently welcomed the iMac in our humble home

and are now looking into a scanner and printer.

are there specially ones, designed to go with the iMac?

if yes, which ones?

if no, what others could you recommend?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    resres Posts: 711member
    For a printer I really like the Canon i960, it is a wonderful six color photo printer for under $200.00

For scanners I'm not as sure what to recommend. I've always liked Microtek, and I'm using a Microtek 5700 right now (which I really like). But the drivers are not out for 10.3 (there is a workaround), so you might be better off with something else.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I have a Epson 2400 scanner and it is nice and fast. (USB2) I also have a Epson 2200 printer and that has excellent color reproduction. I'm happy with both.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    go with the canon, you can refill those easily.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    sparhawksparhawk Posts: 134member
    thanks for the feedback!

bought the Canon i560 printer (prices are higher in Europe, Holland, don't ask me why...taxes?)

For the scanner the Epson Perfection 1670 and really works well!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    I'm looking for something that I can use in college to scan and print stuff for the use with my powerbook. Have any recommendations? I knwo practically every printer/scanner works, but reviews help (as always) and wanted to know what you all recommended.

Thanks! I need a scanner to import my sheet music and other stuff I might come across and having it all in one is just much easier and looks better (less cables)
  • Reply 6 of 7
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I was about to post a thread of my own, until I saw this one.

I too am looking for a printer and scanner, but an all in one. And the printer has to be a photo printer.

I've looked at various Epson and HP models, but wanted to hear first hand reports from users before making a purchase. In addition to print quality, size, speed, and noise are my other considerations.

Currently I'm considering the Epson RX600 and HP PSC 2510, but I haven't seen these in person and they might be too big.

I was impressed with the size of the Epson CX4600, but its not a photo printer. WRT form factor, I'd kinda prefer an underside tray of sorts for the paper, so its not extending out the back looking ugly and getting dusty.

When comparing prints, I thought the Epson printers photo quality was slightly better, although the HPs looked very good too.

Anyhow, lots of choices. I want to get this thing pretty soon, so any advice is appreciated.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    i bought an epson 3170 photo scanner to join my 20"iMacG5.

i played with it for 20 minutes and was really amazed.

this is a great scanner for it's price of 179 euri. maybe the best, i don't know.

the only drawback is that scanning an cd cover in RGB at an (native) 3200dpi resolution takes about 10 minutes and results in a ±500mb file