Is Drinking more of a Female Thing?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have noticed , through my experiences, that drinking is more of a female thing to do. Go to parties and get wasted. I know that dudes do it as well, but to me it seems like girls really plan their nights around getting loaded.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    are you trying to emasculate drinking?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    I never noticed that. Must be, because I am an old thing
  • Reply 3 of 12
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    When I was in my 20's ( the 70's ) I remember plenty of guys passed out in the corner. I don't think it's exclusive to just one sex.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    staphbabystaphbaby Posts: 353member
    While I'd like to live on your planet, that certainly has not been my experience.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member

• Reply 6 of 12
    sparhawksparhawk Posts: 134member
    men and women both can get wasted on alcohol, i think women just choose not to more often then men. Women have less resistance to alcohol (fact), so if they decide to get drunk...they really get drunk !
  • Reply 7 of 12
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nebagakid

I have noticed , through my experiences, that drinking is more of a female thing to do. Go to parties and get wasted. I know that dudes do it as well, but to me it seems like girls really plan their nights around getting loaded.

No. Absolutely not.

Males, (at least of college age) in this 1994 study are more likely to abuse alcohol than females.

http://www.indiana.edu/~engs/articles/jade.htm
  • Reply 8 of 12
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    in my vast and overwhelming experience , guys tend to drink a lot more by volume and frequency. from what i've seen, guys are more likely to drink with the intent of getting drunk, therefore generally larger volumes. drunkeness toleration, i think, is based on body mass, and guys tend to be bigger/meatier. a petite little honey might get buzzed on half a wine cooler or whatever, but a large amorphous dood will tend to require a several shots and/or a few beers. at work, the guys tend to go out more frequently during the week, compared to the girls. of course, ymmv.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    123123 Posts: 278member
    Quote:

WTF? What are you, like 10 or what?
  • Reply 10 of 12
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    NO
  • Reply 11 of 12
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

This is one of those high-school drinking posts. Girls do not drink more, nor do they plan on getting wasted most of the time. In your case, some guy probably had his brother buy a handle of. . . let's say cheap flavored vodka or light rum (and undoubtedly ripped off his kid brother), and at this stage your girlfriends get tipsy on three shots.

And tipsy ain't the same thing as wasted, but that's somewhat besides the point.

Anyway, things change a bit when you move to kegs rather than a surreptitious bottle of cheap liquor. A lesson for the ages: beer is nice because it has enough water in it that you won't get brutally hungover.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    thedustinthedustin Posts: 176member
    Girls are just better at ADMITTING they are drunk. Guys on the other hand are never THAT drunk, when they are fucking wasted. How many times have you seen a girl pass out while in mid-stride of a full on run? Pass straight out, landing on their forehead, cutting it open and not remembering the next day. I have seen guys do that a number of times. Most girls have some shots, some drinks and then end-up hugging the toilet for a few hours. Then, there are the FEW, who could drink most of us under the table. I know what you mean by girls always talking about getting wasted, especially in the first two years of college.

I am one of the few that agrees with the topic, but it is definitely not the truth.

_thedustin