speedbumped powermacs to top out at 2.6ghz!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
this according to think secret.

it looks like the 90nm fiasco is JUST now being resolved.

i expected availablity will be immediate.

hopefully this squashes all the scuttlebut.

i must admitt that i too thought apple would wait and introduce faster machines.

perhaps they are waiting to introduce the next generation g5 and hypertransport 2.0 all in one swoop?

think secret did mentioned something about the possibility of a quad processored powermac but this would be highly unusual for apple.

now onto WWDC.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    Quote:

Originally posted by geekmeet

this according to think secret.

it looks like the 90nm fiasco is JUST now being resolved.

i expected availablity will be immediate.

hopefully this squashes all the scuttlebut.

i must admitt that i too thought apple would wait and introduce faster machines.

perhaps they are waiting to introduce the next generation g5 and hypertransport 2.0 all in one swoop?

think secret did mentioned something about the possibility of a quad processored powermac but this would be highly unusual for apple.

now onto WWDC.

I was getting that feeling too, especially with the whole Info.plist snafu about PowerMac8,1 additions (clearly iMac in my mind). Speed bumps now, iMac G5 at WWDC.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    OMG OMG OMG yES!!!
  • Reply 3 of 10
    nathan22tnathan22t Posts: 317member
    Steve is just playing with our minds. Dual 3.0 Ghz 975's + PCI express will be at WWDC.

right?
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Man this has been one hell of a wicked day.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    jherrlingjherrling Posts: 80member
    Quote:

Originally posted by nathan22t

Steve is just playing with our minds. Dual 3.0 Ghz 975's + PCI express will be at WWDC.

right?

I think that there might be some truth to this. Look at those serv. man pics from a few days ago. The article metioned that there was a release back on the 12 of May with few changes then the one on the 28 that was changed. Maybe there is a month delay between when the computers and man shipings. the 12th is only a few days away and the 28 puts us smack dab on the WWDC. I'm kind of thinking that this speed bump is only to silence those folk who keep complaining that the G5s haven't been updated in over a year because the 3.0 Ghz PMs probably wouldn't ship until september which would put it in sync with PCIe and all of the other goodies.

just my 2¢
  • Reply 6 of 10
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    Actually, due to poor supplies from IBM, Apple will downgrade PowerMacs by 50MHz tomorrow but keep the prices identical.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    oldmacfanoldmacfan Posts: 501member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

Actually, due to poor supplies from IBM, Apple will downgrade PowerMacs by 50MHz tomorrow but keep the prices identical.

• Reply 8 of 10
    @homenow@homenow Posts: 998member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

Yea, but they will come with 60 processors to make the cumulative clock speed 3 Ghz.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    ensign pulverensign pulver Posts: 1,193member
    Can we lock this redundant thread please, especially since it has already deteriorated into nonsense?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    Locked. Other threads with the same information in this forum.