in General Discussion edited January 2014
The cup!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    fuck the lord
  • Reply 2 of 9
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Hey now... must not take Lord Stanley's name in vain. I am really pretty down right now even though Calgary is not "my team" per se; I really wanted to see them pull it off. What an amazing run. 1 goal away from taking down four division winners for the Cup. Suter & Co did an awesome job.

Congrats to the Bolts. I just hope your owner isn't like the dumbshit who owns the Marlins... this team should stay together.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Yeah, I shouldn't blame it on Stanley.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Flames really made it a game in the third. If it makes you feel any better, a trio of young Quebec boys led the way and an old fart from Hamilton finally won it too.

Hockey may be a fourth line sport in the USA, but the enthusiasm from Canada was great to see and hear.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

fuck the lord

Best possible response.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Congrats to the Bolts. I just hope your owner isn't like the dumbshit who owns the Marlins... this team should stay together.

Well, he's also owns the Detroit Pistons (so the city got one by proxy), and he's not one to interfere with any team he owns. I don't think TB has any huge contracts--and the ownership got good additional revenue with 13 home playoff games.

The nucleus is safe for at least a few seasons.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Oh yeah, Congrats, Bolts!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I wanted the Flames to win it, perhaps because I felt a like such a hardworking team should be congratulated. But I am moving to central Florida, and for next season there will be no such sympathy.

Carpetbaggers unite.

Of course, this fall you better believe I'll be going to Bucs games as the random guy in Skins merch, and Lightning games in Nordiques merch!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    What was that old DOS game where you were a jockey riding on horses that everyone ran backward? You know the one where you'd go into the config file and change a 1 to a -1 and suddenly all races were backward? It was a RIOT!