Ts + New Displays

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Anyone see the latest rumor on ThinkSecret? I'm sorry, but after looking at all aspects of those "predicted" new displays, they are just plain bad....

Apple has been known for their "different" yet innovative products. When you look at an iMac, or even the current LCDs, you say, wow! Thats cool! And besides their looks, they have innovative features, like the iMacs LCD, and the LCDs ADC Connector, allowing you to only have to connect ONE cable, for video input, USB hub, and Power.

The display shown of TS, looks just like the rest, boxy design, DVI, power cable needed, etc. What makes that so different?

Now I'm really starting to get the feeling that Apple is just releasing FALSE information, since if Apple were to release what is depicted on TS, honestly, they have no idea what they're in for...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 98
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I'd hate to say I'd like to see it in person...
  • Reply 2 of 98
    does that mean you approve of the design, or not?
  • Reply 3 of 98
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Wt-heck. why don't you just start a new thread for every word you type?
  • Reply 4 of 98
    Quote:

Originally posted by onlooker

Wt-heck. why don't you just start a new thread for every word you type?

Well, can you kindly point me to the thread on AppleInsider that concerns this precise topic?
  • Reply 5 of 98
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Try the search

_ TS drops the boom. Dual 2.6 tomorrow ( Page: 1 2 3 4 )
  • Reply 6 of 98
    Thank you, onlooker, I quickly looked through the titles of the threads and noticed nothing about these displays.. If there are any moderators around feel free to delete this!
  • Reply 7 of 98
    idaveidave Posts: 1,283member
    The thread mentioned is mainly a discussion of the merits of dual vs. single vs. dual-core processors, etc.

As for new displays, if the rumor is true, I applaud Apple's decision to dump ADC. The illustrations on TS are rather dull but I highly doubt the illustrator has much to go on. Assuming the price of the displays will not go up, I intend to be among the first to purchase one of them, providing expected improvements such as pixel response, contrast ratio and adjustability are addressed. I'll probably go for the 23" model, but a 20" widescreen will be a great deal if it is indeed at $1000 or below. That might make it a tough decision. Bring them on!
  • Reply 8 of 98
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    The thread is fine. Hopefully it will only be necessary for a few more hours.

Yeah that artist drawing seemed pretty bland, but remember it was just an artist's drawing. But it's hard to see a 30" display being stable on some little base like that.
  • Reply 9 of 98
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BRussell

The thread is fine. Hopefully it will only be necessary for a few more hours.

Yeah that artist drawing seemed pretty bland, but remember it was just an artist's drawing. But it's hard to see a 30" display being stable on some little base like that.

That's what I thought too. The base needs to be way wider or the thing will topple over. This is an artist rendition, not the Apple-given truth.
  • Reply 10 of 98
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    What if the base was real heavy/dense (BTW, I'm not "meticulous gardener...been receiving e-mails asking ).

It does look kinda small in that illustration, but maybe we're not seeing something...
  • Reply 11 of 98
    i agree. i like the present displays much more. hte one on thinksecret looks like a dell or something.
  • Reply 12 of 98
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Yeah, that base would have to be made of lead or something. I suppose that base is possible though, for all I know anyway. I wouldn't have thought the iMac's neck would be so good.

Still, the version they have looks nice and would match the G5 enclosure too, despite the IMO kinda crappy way they did the renderings. Paul, you are soooo much better than that!
  • Reply 13 of 98
    As illustrated, the cable coming straight out and perpendicular to the back of the display would preclude the display from being hung on the wall. If indeed Apple has plans for a 30" or even the 20 & 23s being a part of your (DV ready) entertainment center, I'd think the cable would attach in a kind of recessed manor. I'm not sure if I would ever want to hang my display on a wall but it would be nice to have that option, especially if it was a big honkin' 30" unit.
  • Reply 14 of 98
    gavrielgavriel Posts: 175member
    The displays looks good from what I can tell from the renderings. And I think they would look great next to the G5 PowerMacs. Also they seem to make much more sence than those other renderings that floated around the Mac rumors scene earlier, simply because these appear adjustable.
  • Reply 15 of 98
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    =)

- Xidius
  • Reply 16 of 98
    Yippee!
  • Reply 17 of 98
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Ha! You did the same thing I did (attempt to flesh out that flat, dark drawing and give a bit more "real life" appearance):

With apologies to "meticulous gardener"...
  • Reply 18 of 98
    existenceexistence Posts: 991member
    That stand does not look stable to perturbative moments.
  • Reply 19 of 98
    The frame looks boxier than I would expect from Apple. Nice job on the mockups, folks.
  • Reply 20 of 98
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Existence

That stand does not look stable to perturbative moments.

You mean when you're taking care of business while on stileproject? You sick puppy.