Why not Watercooling? Indeed.

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Apple.com

I think a few people owe me an apology.

Thread

Hate to rub it in... but close-mindedness is a pet peeve of mine.

Maybe you small-minded folks will learn to keep those minds open from this. That is my hope at least.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    No need to be a braggart.

Having said that, I assume it's not just water in there, but some sort of coolant mix. Care to speculate if it's anything fancy or just something I could buy down at Autozone.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    isegwayisegway Posts: 133member
    It has nothing to do with bragging. I was reamed by people that acted as if they knew what they were talking about and obviously didn't have a clue.

I just can't stand people that are close-minded. As an aspiring inventor nothing is more frustrating or confusing than senseless negativity and condescending attitudes.

• Reply 3 of 17
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Let him have his day of glory. This is his crowning achievement.

Hell, 65 of his 183 posts here are in that thread. It's his entire reason for existing here. If we take that away from him, it's like, he never existed.

We're talking John Connor-back-in-time shit here.

You fucking RULE, segger!
  • Reply 4 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Hell, 65 of his 183 posts here are in that thread. It's his entire reason for existing here. If we take that away from him, it's like, he never existed.

I have been sent back in time to terminate the segger, and this will in turn, get rid of liquid cooling in the new g5 powermac, and instead will feature jelly bean cooling. that way if the coolant ever leaks, atleast it is edible by young children and pets

\
  • Reply 5 of 17
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iSegway

It has nothing to do with bragging. I was reamed by people that acted as if they knew what they were talking about and obviously didn't have a clue.

I just can't stand people that are close-minded. As an aspiring inventor nothing is more frustrating or confusing than senseless negativity and condescending attitudes.

Happens a lot around here.

Good for you!
  • Reply 6 of 17
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    murbot, u bastard u...

• Reply 7 of 17
    Quote:

I love that a moderator made this post.

And you wonder why I only have 183 posts here.

I learned quickly this wasn't a place for rational discussion... nothing but zealotry. And the zealotry continues.

If this doesn't wake up the zealots nothing will. Worth a shot though. Maybe it will spread.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    I love that you don't know the meaning of the word Emeritus.

I also love that you come in here to "rub it in", then get your nose out of joint when people don't join in a big "YOU WERE RIGHT, OH MIGHTY ONE" chorus.

• Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by iSegway

I love that a moderator made this post.

And you wonder why I only have 183 posts here.

I learned quickly this wasn't a place for rational discussion... nothing but zealotry. And the zealotry continues.

If this doesn't wake up the zealots nothing will. Worth a shot though. Maybe it will spread.

you have no sense of humor. as I recall there was a story many moons ago on ars about apple and some other places that had apple licensing liquid cooling tech.. (most just assumed powerbook).
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Another "Appleinsider" that thinks he knows all and obviously doesn't have a clue.

I am not looking for a chorus of people saying I was right. I knew I was right and Apple just verified it. much sooner than I thought they would.

What I simply wanted was the losers in that thread to realize they are the biggest blowhards on the planet. Just like yourself.

Oh the irony... a moderator Apologist for the "Mac apologists". Truly classic.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:

you have no sense of humor.

Oh contrare! You should have heard me laughing when I saw this report today. hooo boyyy!

Hilarious!
  • Reply 12 of 17
    I won't even try to top THAT post. You are the best.

Blowhard? Leave your boyfriend's nicknames for you out of this!

• Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:

I won't even try to top THAT post. You are the best.

Blowhard? Leave your boyfriend's nicknames for you out of this!

This is the best you have got? Ohh... man. Truly sad.

Another blowhard that won't admit he has opened his mouth when he didn't know what he was talking about. And rather than admit his ignorance he continues to make it worse.

Bravo... You have learned well from your buddies. Ignorance truly does breed ignorance.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    I didn't know what I was talking about?

You're coming in here bragging, rubbing it in people's noses... what's to "know" about that? I didn't even participate in that thread. I just think it's hilarious that you're shocked people aren't responding positively to your gloating, that's all.

Anyway, don't let me interrupt. Go on.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I didn't know what I was talking about?

You're coming in here bragging, rubbing it in people's noses... what's to "know" about that? I didn't even participate in that thread. I just think it's hilarious that you're shocked people aren't responding positively to your gloating, that's all.

Anyway, don't let me interrupt. Go on.

Believe what you want Murbot... obviously you like to live in ignorance like your little buddies.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Wow. iSegway gets my vote for Most Ungracious In Victory award...

Besides, water might be a liquid but liquid is not always water.

Honestly, was there any doubt this technology would be used eventually (as it already is in many highend PCs).

Okay, okay, so a few people were wrong and you were partially correct? This is news?

Ugh, no wonder I rarely come to web forums these days.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    kickahakickaha Posts: 8,760member
    Wow, Segs, you truly have firmly entrenched yourself in the community here... I mean, every village needs a village idiot, right? Thanks for applying so eloquently for the post, I think you're a firm front-runner.

Unbelievable.

Murray, I love ya man. You're showing more restraint every day.