Are the facts "subjective", really?

13»

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 48
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by chu_bakka

    here's something funny to read... Ann Coulter on O'Reilly.



    Apparently the facts are subjective for Ann.



    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,121262,00.html



    Did you know that Iraq is going amazingly well according to Ann?

    AND we found weapons of mass destruction... according to Ann.



    Bill tries to walk her back from the cliff... but...








    She is UNBELIEVABLE!!!



    ..



    ..



    BTW . . . I look forward to setting you all straight on this 'truth' 'Facts' and discourse thing but Im too tired and have to get stuff done . .. see ya soon.
  • Reply 42 of 48
    "Since Vietnam, there was one attack on U.S. forces that inflicted a higher death toll than anything experienced since: 241 servicemen were killed in Beirut in 1983 when a suicide bomber from the Islamic group Hezbollah drove a truck full of explosives into their barracks."



    Praise the Lord! There is some people out there that understand what all this is about! The War on Terror on the US (as far as an attack...surprise attack) started here. Right here.



    We were sitting ducks too.



    "Guidelines of Rules of Engagement for the USMC in Beirut in 1983:



    1. When on the post, mobile or foot patrol, keep loaded magazine in weapon, bolt closed, weapon on safe, no round in the chamber.



    2. Do not chamber a round unless told to do so by a commissioned officer unless you must act in immediate self-defense where deadly force is authorized.



    3. Keep ammo for crew served weapons readily available but not loaded. Weapon is on safe.




    4. Call local forces to assist in self-defense effort. Notify headquarters.



    5. Use only minimum degree of force to accomplish any mission.



    6. Stop the use of force when it is no longer needed to accomplish the mission.



    7. If you receive effective hostile fire, direct your fire at the source. If possible, use friendly snipers.



    8. Respect civilian property; do not attack it unless absolutely necessary to protect friendly forces.



    9. Protect innocent civilians from harm.



    10. Respect and protect recognized medical agencies such as Red Cross, Red Crescent, etc."



    Iraq?



    Now we have Iraqis (& I'd say a few AQ wannabees) who use this method of surprise attack as all the others have done (and do) to dirupt and kill anyone in their way. I think we're in a stalemate this is a whole new war...we can't keep burning out out troops this way...



    The numbers show this.



    /sorrygotofftopicsorta



  • Reply 43 of 48
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by chu_bakka

    here's something funny to read... Ann Coulter on O'Reilly.



    Apparently the facts are subjective for Ann.



    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,121262,00.html



    Did you know that Iraq is going amazingly well according to Ann?

    AND we found weapons of mass destruction... according to Ann.



    Bill tries to walk her back from the cliff... but...




    Actually Ann makes some really good points.



    Quote:

    O'REILLY: Our Fox correspondents in Baghdad won't go out of the hotel. That's not a good sign, Ann.



    COULTER: I wouldn't go out of the hotel in Washington, D.C. This is the Middle East. This is a country that's been under a brutal dictator for 30 years, and on top of that, now they see ...



    Hahaha... this is quite true. I know there are part of that city, and parts of most American cities where these reporters wouldn't walk out onto the streets.



    Another...



    Quote:

    COULTER: I think that -- it was a bad thing, it's six malefactors in an army that is 1.4 million strong and if I hear about it again I'm going to leap out of my skin. This is the media trying to demoralize America. This is the new Tet Offensive.



    This strikes true to me. We don't have a Kerry testifying about thousands of people commiting thousands of atrocities. But when you have 24 hours of news to fill, you rehash the same things over and over again.



    But of course in keeping on the actual topic, the best thing about this is watching people who universal condemn both Fox News and O'Reily quote them as authoritative. Worse yet they aren't even quoting a news report, but a quasi-opinion, echo chamber, lying liar who does nothing but spin, spin, spin all day long. (At least that is their view when they disagree with the position)



    If anything shows that facts are "subjective" for some, it is that.



    Nick
  • Reply 44 of 48
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by pfflam





    She is UNBELIEVABLE!!!



    ..



    ..



    BTW . . . I look forward to setting you all straight on this 'truth' 'Facts' and discourse thing but Im too tired and have to get stuff done . .. see ya soon.




    Yes pfflam, don't waste too much time on it. Remember I don't exist. I'm just a figment of your imagination created by you to justify your deep set fear of success. The hours you waste posting replies to me would have already lead you to a reality where you enjoy many more fruits for yoru labor. Instead your have limited yourself.



    By the way, if you reply to this, you are just perpetuating your own delusion. I'd advise against it.



    Nick
  • Reply 45 of 48
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Quote:

    Originally posted by trumptman

    Yes pfflam, don't waste too much time on it. Remember I don't exist. I'm just a figment of your imagination created by you to justify your deep set fear of success. The hours you waste posting replies to me would have already lead you to a reality where you enjoy many more fruits for yoru labor. Instead your have limited yourself.



    By the way, if you reply to this, you are just perpetuating your own delusion. I'd advise against it.



    Nick




    Well, you 'proved' one thing: namely your nightmare status.
Sign In or Register to comment.