Congress Evacuated

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just heard some news over the radio that some congressional offices were evacuated, I'm not sure why 'cause I just caught the end of it.

Anyone else got anything on this?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 20
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    false alarm
  • Reply 2 of 20
    naplesxnaplesx Posts: 3,743member
    Quote:

Originally posted by NaplesX

I just heard some news over the radio that some congressional offices were evacuated, I'm not sure why 'cause I just caught the end of it.

Anyone else got anything on this?

Oh.

The reporter said that people were told to "Run don't walk..." and people were running and screaming.

I wonder what they thought it was?
  • Reply 3 of 20
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    The couldn't immediately identify a plane in the area, so they told people to run. Then they identified it, and now everything is roses.
  • Reply 4 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

The couldn't immediately identify a plane in the area, so they told people to run. Then they identified it, and now everything is roses.

I wonder if they were like: "AAAAAAAAAHHHH... Oh, never mind, anyone else need a candy-bar, toilet paper, anything?"

Do you know of a link to the story yet.
  • Reply 5 of 20
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    Quagmire, just use your normal login when posting about politics.
  • Reply 6 of 20
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by giant

Post of the fucking month right there.

• Reply 7 of 20
    artman @_@artman @_@ Posts: 2,546member
    Well, I just had a friend over who's laying out security maps in Illustrator for ADT. Security cameras and floor plans for a new security system for...guess what...the Washington DC Metro. Seems they haven't upgraded the system for years. Yes, the DC Metro. Our Homeland Security at work...

• Reply 8 of 20
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

giant's idea of debate is to declare everyone, all their sources and ideas that disagree with his to be ignorant.

There is already plenty of proof if this. Don't argue with him. giant has his blinders on and everything you post is just ignorant nonsense to him. He will you tell you so repeatedly. He will also insult your intelligence, question everything about your background, make repeated claims about you with regard to ignorance, racism, hatefulness, etc.

Just take this post and make it a sticky. Whenever you see giant demonstrating one or all of these above, just ignore him. You can't discuss with someone who is wearing blinders. It isn't debate, it is attempting to argue someone through their own ignorance.

Nick
  • Reply 9 of 20
    formerlurkerformerlurker Posts: 2,686member
    Nick:

Maybe you should try defending this thread and its initiator, instead of attacking Giant for making fun of the same.

Of course, if both are indefensible, then Giant really has a point, doesn't he?
  • Reply 10 of 20
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Yeah Nick, this thread was going to be a real debate, wasn't it. It's got QUALITY DEBATE stamped all over it.

Couldn't have had anything to do with the quality of this "thread", or the fact that he pumped out 3 similar threads yesterday afternoon in the time it took me to make a pot of coffee?

Maybe copy that post of yours down somewhere and use it where it's appropriate. We all know it won't be too long until you can actually use it in the right place, don't we giant. heh heh

• Reply 11 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormerLurker

Nick:

Maybe you should try defending this thread and its initiator, instead of attacking Giant for making fun of the same.

Of course, if both are indefensible, then Giant really has a point, doesn't he?

Perhaps you should read the thread. Questions were being asked and a discussion was occuring. giant is not a mod. He gets off on claiming one person is multiple people because he thinks it impossible for more than one extreme person to hold any views contrary to his own.

giant is welcome to prove his claim that one person is posting from multiple accounts. He has made it repeatedly.

You or he are welcome to show that Naples did more than mention a situation and ask for more information about it.

giant should be temp banned at a minimum for his continual personal attacks.

Nick
  • Reply 12 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Yeah Nick, this thread was going to be a real debate, wasn't it. It's got QUALITY DEBATE stamped all over it.

Couldn't have had anything to do with the quality of this "thread", or the fact that he pumped out 3 similar threads yesterday afternoon in the time it took me to make a pot of coffee?

Maybe copy that post of yours down somewhere and use it where it's appropriate. We all know it won't be too long until you can actually use it in the right place, don't we giant. heh heh

Actually giant was making a claim about Naples background. (nameless that he is another person) So I considered it appropriate. Plus there is that handy etc. there.

I do agree. giant's nature will give me multiple times to post that same quote again.

Nick
  • Reply 13 of 20
    When you are jerking off to my posts, does your mascara run?

At least have the self-respect to not advertise your hard on for everything I write.
  • Reply 14 of 20
    Quote:

At least have the self-respect to not advertise your hard on for everything I write.

My goodness, are you assuming I must be homophobic or that associating myself with female qualities is supposed to somehow be an insult?

Sad, that you claim to be so progressive, yet result to the same sorts of attacks that create the Columbines of the world. Sadder still that you claim to support women and homosexuals, yet treat their actions and qualities as insults to others.

Nick
  • Reply 15 of 20
    Quote:

Originally posted by trumptman

My goodness, are you assuming I must be homophobic or that associating myself with female qualities is supposed to somehow be an insult?

No, genius. You are a loser with an unhealthy internet-related obsession.
  • Reply 16 of 20
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Quote:

Oh my...

God

...that is like... the funniest thing I've EVER read.

No seriously. It's funneh shit.

Uh...

Yah. Funneh. Common man, don't stop. Let's get some good "mother jokes" into this now outstanding thread! Maybe some "sister jokes" too.

[You have graudated from high school, right?]
  • Reply 17 of 20
    Quote:

No, genius. You are a loser with an unhealthy internet-related obsession.

I know. I've always had a problem with that whole "insuring people are treated with dignity and respect" thing when it comes to the people who can't.

Seems I can't stop pointing out those who think that since they are hiding behind a screen, they can act in a hateful, abusive manner.

I guess I'll go back to "losing" now. I mean I wouldn't want to take myself entirely too seriously in an internet forum would I?

Nick
  • Reply 18 of 20
    Yo mama so stupid she got stabbed in a shoot out.
  • Reply 19 of 20
    Tony snow in now interviewing a lady that was in the capital building when this happened.
  • Reply 20 of 20
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    This thread has so many childish posts I am closing it.

I really hope some people can clean up their act. It is not amusing.

Fellowship