I am stepping down

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I have enjoyed you guys. I enjoy every one of you!

The time has come for me to step down as moderator. I have tried to do a good job but I just feel I can not continue in this role.

I thank you all who have sent your kind private messages over the months. I love you all and will continue to

I appriciate everyone here including the administration, ownership and members.

Thank you for allowing me to serve.

Sincerely,

Fellowship

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    fellowshipfellowship Posts: 5,038member
    I have had some changes in my personal life and I am readjusting my priorities.

Thank you all again for the great times

Fellowship
  • Reply 2 of 39
    neoneo Posts: 271member
    NO!!!

NO WAY!!!

dude, why are you stepping down?

you are the only one here that keeps the AO from being choked out by politics....

i hope that you will change your mind and stay as a moderator...

i really like that you, unlike murbot DON'T POST DISGUSTING PICTURED OF NAKED BUTTS in my threads!!!

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE DON'T STEP DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Neø
  • Reply 3 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by segovius

Good luck Fellowship. I'm sure you know what you're doing as usual.

I just hope that you are only leaving as a mod and not leaving the board.

That would be the real disappointment.

I will never leave the board. You all shape my life more than some of you realize. I am thankful for this community in many ways for many different reasons. The power of community is something that is very big. My name here is "Fellowship" and being in a group of great people is a joy for me.

I can't say that for the word "moderator" I will stick with "fellowship" if you understand what I am saying.

It is not about being the lightning rod "rule keeper" who some praise and others despise.

I am about people period. I don't pick sides and I think anyone and everyone here will tell you that is the case.

No fear,, I will be here

I will never just pick up and leave you guys. You are a great part of my life.

Fellowship
  • Reply 4 of 39
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    Good to see that you are doing what you enjoy.
  • Reply 5 of 39
    hardheadhardhead Posts: 644member
    I'm glad you're not leaving the board man. You are one of a handful of religious "nut's" whose opinion I respect!

8)
  • Reply 6 of 39
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Good thing you're not just leaving the Boards.

Your "stepping down" is a loss for this place because I think you're the most level headed moderator on here. You have my respect sir.

Thanks for the great job.
  • Reply 7 of 39
    crazychestercrazychester Posts: 1,339member
    Sigh.

There's never any good news these days is there?

As I said elsewhere a while back, moderating = good people having to do a shitty job. More so in AO than anywhere else. Maybe this will encourage everybody to go to bed with a mirror so they can wake up and look at themselves.

No. That's too much to expect.

I'd beg you to reconsider but it's your decision Fellowship.

Best wishes. Glad you're not leaving for good.

You've done AI proud.
  • Reply 8 of 39
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Thanks for all the fine work you have done here, fellowship!
  • Reply 9 of 39
    I think it may be time to shut down this AO. That's not a cut at the other AO Mods, just that without FCiB's efforts, this place could quickly get very, very nasty.
  • Reply 10 of 39
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    All the best Fellowship,

I hope an apology for all the crap I posted towards you, especially in the early days is accepted, and thankyou for pointing out my character flaws, and making me examine my worldview.

Glad to hear you're still going to be around.

Marcus
  • Reply 11 of 39
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Thank you for your the great job you've done.

I guess your stepping down just goes to show that even moderation has to be taken in moderation.
  • Reply 12 of 39
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:

Originally posted by crazychester

Sigh.

There's never any good news these days is there?

It's not necessarily bad news. It's not like he's getting a leg amputated. Probably just realized he spent too much time here and wants to do other stuff.
  • Reply 13 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Thank you for your the great job you've done.

I guess your stepping down just goes to show that even moderation has to be taken in moderation.

You got it!

Fellowship
  • Reply 14 of 39
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Dude:

You always kept things positive . . . and that really has a good effect:

When such positivity is realistic and good-hearted it changes the environment.

It is a tough time to moderate, what with the political situation being very immediate and with dire consequences . . . but You've done well.

I hope that the 'personal situation' is all good stuff!!
  • Reply 15 of 39
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    What a shame..I know that our positions in politics are somewhat different , but I have always felt that your voice of moderation was unbiased, reasoned and fair. Sadly, unlike a number of recent arbitrary and duplicitous "moderator" decisions on this board (to emphasize: NOT yours).

The very best wishes and happiness to you, Fellowship in all your ventures.
  • Reply 16 of 39
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    I thought you were ok! As has been said before we don't exactly see eye to eye on politics and such but I thought you were one of the few mods ( I've seen anywhere ) that bothered to know the meaning of the word " Moderation " and not try to interject personal bias into his job as moderator. You really got the idea that a moderator's job is to be in the middle to keep the place civil. Not a soap box for personal feelings.

All the best!
  • Reply 17 of 39
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

I hope that the 'personal situation' is all good stuff!!

Well, I had Fellowship up on my iChat buddy list a few days ago, and his away message said "Heather "... so I think we might infer something about how Fellowship would rather be spending his time.
  • Reply 18 of 39
    Gosh darnit to blazes Fellowship, you've choked my friday evening. You have been a great , true moderator. Now you can have a bit of a rest and go back to just being an indispensible member of the community. I hope and pray ( well I that's a bit of a lie, I can't really pray ) that nobody's actions or words here negatively influenced your decision.

I think your name, Fellowship, is very apt as that particular high humanist ideal is always there in what you post and how you moderate. Love and respect, Alex. PS I will now drink a Budvar to your honour.
  • Reply 19 of 39
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

Well, I had Fellowship up on my iChat buddy list a few days ago, and his away message said "Heather "... so I think we might infer something about how Fellowship would rather be spending his time.

que?
  • Reply 20 of 39
    If any of you have to wonder why I love AO like I do just read this thread...

You all have been way too kind with your words.

Like I said I am not leaving. You guys are a joy to me.

And yes Shetline there is this Heather girl in my life

She is very very special...

If I had one favor to ask you guys it is simply to be kind on these threads in AO for the remaining mods. I know how hard it is to wish to keep AO balanced and fun for all. I think we can all do a great part in keeping this forum all that makes it great!

God Bless you all

Fellowship