What ticks you off most about the new PowerMacs?

Comments

• Reply 41 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

and you can upgrade graphics for $50

Babies.

No, not if you get the 2.5 ghz model. Then it costs 300 to upgrade to the 9800.
  • Reply 42 of 110
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

Originally posted by SwitchingSoon

No, not if you get the 2.5 ghz model. Then it costs 300 to upgrade to the 9800.

Last year, the mid and top range Powermacs came with a 64mb graphics cards ... that didn't seem to be a problem for anyone. The mid-range came with only one processor and was more expensive.

I don't understand how in the span of 8 months the powermac has gone from being Apples saviour to an overpriced turd.
  • Reply 43 of 110
    formatc2formatc2 Posts: 176member
    The thing that ticks me off the most is all the whiners, complaining about the system, most of which can't afford the thing to begin with.

Fully loaded, it's close to a $9000 system, and that's without monitor!

5 GHz of combined power, 8 GB of ram, 256 MB video, Gigabit network: most people don't know how to use a computer like this.

Hold the reply button. Go try and convince someone else this is a crappy computer. I've heard enough.
  • Reply 44 of 110
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Other:

Specifically the whining complainers.
  • Reply 45 of 110
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by FormatC2

Hold the reply button. Go try and convince someone else this is a crappy computer. I've heard enough.

crappy? no

overpriced? yes

underpowered? yes

2000 dollars = 256 MB ram, 80GB hard drive and 2 generation old motherboard.
  • Reply 46 of 110
    Quote:

First off, the G5 hasn't been out a whole year, they shipped September or October. Second, these machines where supposed to be released March. That's a time span of 6 months.

Yes, they shipped around Septmeber. Guess when the 2.5 is shipping. There's your year. Oh, and I have some news for you. It's not March. It's June. Check your calendar. You have most likely missed some important appointments.
  • Reply 47 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Other:

Specifically the whining complainers.

Why bother reading the thread then? I'm tired of people complaining about people complaining.

Jeez, if we don't all have orgasms over everything Apple releases you take it personally.
  • Reply 48 of 110
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    I've had a rev A dual 2 GHz G5 since October. It also has a ATI 9800 Pro GPU. Its been a great machine. My only complaint is ATIs loud fan. Most of the time the system is very quiet, but that ATI fan is whining away.

Anyhow, the real question... Is the new water cooled G5 with newer GPUs quieter? If so I'd consider upgrading.

Methinks the water cooling is just to make up for deficiencies with the current design. Remember it was also designed to be modular and make a single processor system. I think the next G5s will feature another leap in design, further improving and optimizing cooling.

At any rate I'm glad I've had my machine for so long though, its rare for a system to keep its value for a while. The new G5 upgrades, while minor, I'll still accept in open arms.
  • Reply 49 of 110
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Anyone still complaining about this upgrade is

a) Stupid

b) Troll

c) **Edited** Lets just say sand, vagina, reasons your complaining.
  • Reply 50 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by ast3r3x

Anyone still complaining about this upgrade is

a) Stupid

b) Troll

c) **Edited** Lets just say sand, vagina, reasons your complaining.

what does that make you? a cunt?
  • Reply 51 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

what does that make you? a cunt?

More of an asshole. How is being a dick working out for you?
  • Reply 52 of 110
    Quote:

More of an asshole. How is being a dick working out for you?

at least you seem to have a knowledge of genitalia..... certainly are pretty dense in every other topic you discuss here.
  • Reply 53 of 110
    resres Posts: 711member
    I am one of the people who regularly complains about Apple's marketing strategies and the lack of processing power in their line up, and I have no idea why so many of you have your panties in a wad over this update.

Look at the price of dual systems on the PC side (not home cooked specials, but real systems from the big computer manufactures). If you do you will see that, with this update, the Powermacs are doing pretty well on the price/performance ratio.

The only valid complaint I have seen is not really about this update at all, but is about the lack of availability of the truly high end video cards, which is a problem for Apple. Unfortunately the market for such cards is very small and I'm not sure if Apple will be able to convince ATI or nVidia to make the high end cards available for the Mac. Hopefully they will, but it is not something that is not totally under Apple's control.

Now, if you really want to find something to whine about, just wait until the next iMac upgrade -- I am sure that Apple will mess it up horribly.
  • Reply 54 of 110
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

Yes, they shipped around Septmeber. Guess when the 2.5 is shipping. There's your year. Oh, and I have some news for you. It's not March. It's June. Check your calendar. You have most likely missed some important appointments.

Ummm, March is when they were SUPPOSED to ship ... please read posts carefully before replying like this ... it just makes you look stupid.
  • Reply 55 of 110
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TWinbrook46636

Oh, and I have some news for you. It's not March. It's June. Check your calendar. You have most likely missed some important appointments.

But, wow, TWinbrook46636, what an anger. Unfortunately, not unjustified \ .
  • Reply 56 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

at least you seem to have a knowledge of genitalia..... certainly are pretty dense in every other topic you discuss here.

It's not that impressive, most hetero men know all that...being homosexual and all I can see how your at a disadvantage though.
  • Reply 57 of 110
    zosozoso Posts: 177member
    Quote:

Ummm, March is when they were SUPPOSED to ship ... please read posts carefully before replying like this ... it just makes you look stupid.

Right.

And when they will finally, actaually ship to end users? September, most likely.

Following your same reasoning, this makes you look retarded. Think before insulting, violence (even verbal) gets you nowhere.

ZoSo
  • Reply 58 of 110
    Quote:

It's not that impressive, most hetero men know all that...being homosexual and all I can see how your at a disadvantage though.

i wonder if the homosexual members here (im sure there is a rather high percentage) appreciates your derogatory remarks.

all talk and no substance....back yourself up or you look like the hillbilly from PA that you are.
  • Reply 59 of 110
    messiahtoshmessiahtosh Posts: 1,754member
    Hey Applenut, as soon as you take that hot poker out of your ass, why dont you do all the ladies a favor and cut off your dick?
  • Reply 60 of 110
    murdockmurdock Posts: 49member
    Hi people...

I think your conversation is fine from one point of view... but i need help in one question.., go to the thread GEFORCE 2 MX and help me in this problem... than you can continue the BIG problem... but you should think more about it... Apple never was cheap...

Thank's for your time.

Murdock

Think different, worry not... master Yoda...