Adventures in DVR (PVR, TiVO)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
When I moved in late May I made the transition from 10 channels of cable to 300+ digital cable with DVR.

I now watch less TV as I have it set to record what I want (and what others suggest to me). It is the best thing to happen to television since sliced bread and I realize I am very late in the game (as I usually am with technology since I am poor).

A few things.

- Jennifer Connelly is ridiculously beautiful in The Hulk. I hadn't seen it until my trusty box recorded it off Starz and sweet Jesus she looks like a vision. Yowza. People tell me there's a green monster or something, but I could not see that for the shimmering radiance had already blinded me.

- Adult Swim is best enjoyed on a Sunday afternoon.

- The two most difficult shows to erase are Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Family Guy. I feel guilty deleting them.

- Dennis Miller has really lost it. I gave him a chance since I have been a fan from way back, but with his new conservative "edge" he is just angry. He doesn't look like he is having fun at all and he gets pissy as hell when anyone makes fun of Republicans. I am really sad that I have the opportunity to watch hours of Dennis Miller and I want to see none of it.

- I cannot find David the Gnome anywhere.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    what provider did you go with groover? I've been toying with a switch from digital cable, but have not decided on what service provider to get.

ps. how's huston?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Hmm: Hulk, Aqua Teen Hunger Force (?), the Dennis Miller Show... This isn't exactly an advertisement for digital cable is it?

How much are you paying for the digital cable + TIVO? They sure push the digital cable, but it's seemed expensive to me, given that the additional channels never seemed that attractive.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Correct on all counts, sir.

Jennifer Connelly is the most fabulous babe in the world, ATHF is hard to erase, and Dennis has gone rancid.

I salute your excellent taste!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    I'm still in Austin for another year. The fiancee does not graduate and get her full-time until next May (at the earliest).

I have TimeWarner.

I get digital cable/DVR & RoadRunner for $80/mth.

The DVR mostly stores movies I grab off Starz. I am not a big TV watcher, but for that price (and the fact that I'm not the one paying it) it is tough to pass up.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    I would just like to second every comment grove makes about Ms. Connelly.