What happened to the hPod?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Simple question. It came to mind just now, that we should have heard something about it by now, being mid-June, and with all these announcements.

I guess it's possible Toshiba cannot meet supply as it is and to add in HP as a re-brand-seller of iPods would break their back. Good thing they're something like quadrupling output this fall.

So,

What happened to the hPod?

Discuss

(i didn't look around HP.com as of now)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    I just want to know when HP changes it's tagline/logo from:

HP

i n v e n t

to:

HP

l i c e n s e

Interesting fact:

The HP logo's rounded rect is the same proportions as the iPod.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Toshiba is not having problems making the hard drives for the iPod. Your confusing them with Hitachi which is making the 1.8 inch drives for the iPod mini. Hitachi is increasing production to meet demand. HP will probably unveil their HPod after WWDC or even during the show.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Toshiba is not having problems making the hard drives for the iPod. Your confusing them with Hitachi which is making the 1.8 inch drives for the iPod mini. Hitachi is increasing production to meet demand. HP will probably unveil their HPod after WWDC or even during the show.

At WWDC or the iTMS Europe Rollout on the ... (16th?) ... I for one would say the iTMS Euro Event would be more appropriate but who knows.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    pesipesi Posts: 424member
    i think i remember when the whole hPod thing came about, the talk was of late-summer/fall for it to be released. i could be wrong, and i'm too lazy to look it up.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    HP just started including iTunes on their consumer desktops last month so the hPod is not too far behind.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

HP just started including iTunes on their consumer desktops last month so the hPod is not too far behind.

It's been much longer than a month.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    ok. Two and three quarters months
  • Reply 8 of 8
    ludwigvanludwigvan Posts: 458member
    From the Carly Fiorina speech at the Consumer Electronics Show: "Starting in June, HP-branded digital music players based on the iPod design will begin shipping to a store near you."

From an HP press release: "HP's digital music player is expected to become available this summer..."

Both sources dated January 8, 2004.