iTMS open in UK, France, Germany

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
... confirmed (sorry, had to say it once in my AI life ;-)

According to this article (in German, unfortunately), Apple sent out press invitations for a "great music event" to held in London on the 15th. The opening speech will be given by Steve Jobs.

[edit by Amorph: Updated thread title to reflect the launch]

Comments

• Reply 2 of 159
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kubrick

and here:

http://www.macbidouille.com/niouzcon...p?date=2004-06

Looks like pretty good evidence to me.
  • Reply 3 of 159
    alex londonalex london Posts: 613member
    Excellent news, groovy venue too. I can now look forward to giving Apple even more of my money, especially if we'll be getting the iPod mini as well.
  • Reply 4 of 159
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Some reports say it will be available in 3 countries initially: England, France and Germany. It will not be a pan-European store but each country will have it's own site. As in the U.S. you will only be able to buy if you have a credit card and address in that particular country.
  • Reply 5 of 159
    costiquecostique Posts: 1,084member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Some reports say it will be available in 3 countries initially: England, France and Germany. It will not be a pan-European store but each country will have it's own site. As in the U.S. you will only be able to buy if you have a credit card and address in that particular country.

Damn those copyright whores.
  • Reply 6 of 159
    alex londonalex london Posts: 613member
    MacsRGood4U, where did you see those reports?
  • Reply 7 of 159
    piwozniakpiwozniak Posts: 815member
    how about...

CANADA ?

• Reply 8 of 159
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,419member
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Thus I must maintain my friendship with Kazaa Lite.
  • Reply 9 of 159
    Quote:

Originally posted by RolandG

According to this article (in German, unfortunately), Apple sent out press invitations for a "great music event" to held in London on the 15th. The opening speech will be given by Steve Jobs.

Toll!

I wonder whether the London even will bring more than "just" the iTMS for (part of Western) Europe. In particular, I could see Apple introducing a revised iPod that incorporates the mini's more ergonomic click-whell. Now that AirPort Express is out, I could also imagine a Wi-Fi accessory to allow the iPod (instead of a Mac or PC with iTunes) to stream its music to the AP Express.

Going out on a limb, we might even see an iPod with built-in Wi-Fi, both for synching and streaming. Tiny Wi-Fi chips are already widely used in Palm and other PDAs.

C.T.
  • Reply 10 of 159
    rolandgrolandg Posts: 632member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cold Turkey

Now that AirPort Express is out, I could also imagine a Wi-Fi accessory to allow the iPod (instead of a Mac or PC with iTunes) to stream its music to the AP Express.

Going out on a limb, we might even see an iPod with built-in Wi-Fi, both for synching and streaming. Tiny Wi-Fi chips are already widely used in Palm and other PDAs.

Great idea! But I think this functionality would be built into the Dock rather than into the iPod itself due to power consumption issues.
  • Reply 11 of 159
    Come on ITMS Canada. (fingers crossed)
  • Reply 12 of 159
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    Wow, this sounds really good... you know, except for people living in AUSTRALIA!
  • Reply 13 of 159
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    More power to pirated audio CDs...
  • Reply 14 of 159
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    If we don't see iTMS Canada on the 15th, I think Apple may have lost the Canadian market.
  • Reply 15 of 159
    idunnoidunno Posts: 645member
    If we don't see iTMS Australia on the 15th... I guess I'll just wait longer.
  • Reply 16 of 159
    mac+mac+ Posts: 580member
    Quote:

Originally posted by talksense101

More power to pirated audio CDs...

No.
  • Reply 17 of 159
    kim kap solkim kap sol Posts: 2,987member
    Quote:

Originally posted by les t

If we don't see iTMS Australia on the 15th... I guess I'll just wait longer.

The thing is Canada should technically be the easiest market to grab with the US iTMS in place. There is no reason why it took more than a year for iTMS Canada to show up since we basically have the same labels and music taste.

The only thing I can think of is that Canada is making it a real pain in the ass for Apple to put the store up because of some of the pain in the ass laws over here. Living in Canada is a pain in the ass.
  • Reply 18 of 159
    macsrgood4umacsrgood4u Posts: 3,007member
    Here ya go:

• Reply 19 of 159
    chris cuillachris cuilla Posts: 4,825member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kim kap sol

The thing is Canada should technically be the easiest market to grab with the US iTMS in place. There is no reason why it took more than a year for iTMS Canada to show up since we basically have the same labels and music taste.

The only thing I can think of is that Canada is making it a real pain in the ass for Apple to put the store up because of some of the pain in the ass laws over here. Living in Canada is a pain in the ass.

I'm sure it has to do with a combination of licensing, copyright laws and (possibly) taxes, etc. It will happen...probably.
  • Reply 20 of 159
    macmattmacmatt Posts: 91member
    is it just my computer or, when I select the Music Store link in iTunes, It no longer tell me the store in not available in my country. It goes stright to the US store. I'm in Australia, and I normally get a message saying such.

Is apple uploading changes now perhaps?