Rumbleings of hp break up?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
there is an artical here states that an anilist is suggesting that HP printers break off from the rest of the Co.

I hope this happens, HP printers are good as are the calcs they make, but their computer hardware sux.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Their merger was probably THE biggest mistake of the entire IT explosion.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

Their merger was probably THE biggest mistake of the entire IT explosion.

No, the biggest mistake was Jobs not selling Next software to all the PC clone makers when he had the chance.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    the cool gutthe cool gut Posts: 1,714member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

No, the biggest mistake was Jobs not selling Next software to all the PC clone makers when he had the chance.

Yeah, but how much did he make of the sale to Apple ... 500 million? Not bad. AND now he owns it again.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by GreggWSmith

I hope he does with osx what shoulda been done with neXt OS

'nuff said
  • Reply 5 of 6
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Interesting. I've heard that the HP's printer quality has taken a hit - disastrous, if true - and that would certainly want to make them split off.

Still, it's surprising. There are a lot of fissures and strains in that company, which is really poorly integrated, but to have one of HP's older divisions split off - that's not what I expected.

I never expected the HP merger to go well, but then I was just waiting for Amazon.com to implode, too.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

Interesting. I've heard that the HP's printer quality has taken a hit - disastrous, if true - and that would certainly want to make them split off.

Still, it's surprising. There are a lot of fissures and strains in that company, which is really poorly integrated, but to have one of HP's older divisions split off - that's not what I expected.

I never expected the HP merger to go well, but then I was just waiting for Amazon.com to implode, too.

but instead, they along with apple pattented a single click, only to be one-uped my M$, who pattented double click...