powerbook

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi,

I lost my home after 9/11 related injuries and financial difficulties. My parents said they would match 1000.00 if I could raise 1000.00 to get a powerbook. Haven't begun that yet. It probably would take about 3 or 4 months.

(I spent my disability money on a dual g5 with no monitor, can't set it up anyway where I am staying)

I am a singer songwriter and need to make music (have logic platinum)

Should I get the 1.3 g4 now or wait until the next revision comes out?

Please share your thoughts. Except for my stupid choice of jumping on the g5(I will use it once I acquire housing)

Thank You Much

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    jambojambo Posts: 3,036member
    Quote:

Originally posted by iansklar

Thank You Much

Mariah, is that you??? Sorry.

Purchasing advice goes in General Discussion.

Moving...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Hi,

I lost my home after 9/11 related injuries and financial difficulties. My parents said they would match 1000.00 if I could raise 1000.00 to get a powerbook. Haven't begun that yet. It probably would take about 3 or 4 months.

(I spent my disability money on a dual g5 with no monitor, can't set it up anyway where I am staying)

I am a singer songwriter and need to make music (have logic platinum)

Should I get the 1.3 g4 now or wait until the next revision comes out?

Please share your thoughts. Except for my stupid choice of jumping on the g5(I will use it once I acquire housing)

Thank You Much

Buy now--these 'books are great right now.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    mattjohndrowmattjohndrow Posts: 1,618member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

Buy now--these 'books are great right now.

i would have to agree. go for the 1.3
  • Reply 4 of 6
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

a) I have a 15 inch crt if you are interested, it works great, just small, U pay $15 +s&h or make an offer

b) sell your g5 duali and get the PB

c: If ya just wanna get rid of it, I will give it a great home...I promise to walk it every day, and feed it... oops wrong speach...
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Thanks for moving it and not deleting it. Sorry about the mistake.

Ian Sklar
  • Reply 6 of 6
    resres Posts: 711member
    If you have access to another computer that you can use to make your music now, I would say wait for the next revision. If you can't use something else now, then get the powerbook.

Don't hesitate when the muse calls -- take advantage of her affections, for you never know when she might leave or if she shall ever return to you.