URGENT: "DV Detect Start/Stop" not working in FCE

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Okay, here it is: I do NOT have neough time on my hands to mark clips out by hand. Previously, I relied on the DV Start Stop detect feature to mark out the clips for me. However, this has ceased to work. When I run the Detect command, it scans, and then tells me that 'no time/date breaks were detected'. I'm using the same DV camcorder that I used for previous shots, but the last 2 tapes brought up the message.

Please help.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    I believe the "no time/date" detected means your camera didn't have the time set when you were recording. If you did have it set, I don't know what to tell you. Either way, it seems like you might be SOL.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    ipodandimacipodandimac Posts: 3,273member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Okay, here it is: I do NOT have neough time on my hands to mark clips out by hand. Previously, I relied on the DV Start Stop detect feature to mark out the clips for me. However, this has ceased to work. When I run the Detect command, it scans, and then tells me that 'no time/date breaks were detected'. I'm using the same DV camcorder that I used for previous shots, but the last 2 tapes brought up the message.

Please help.

open up imovie and see if it works in there. if so, the problem is a FCE setting.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by ipodandimac

open up imovie and see if it works in there. if so, the problem is a FCE setting.

Thanks. I ended up just marking it out manually.