Paul Johnson beheaded.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 61
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    I always wondered how it became "beheaded." I would think "deheaded" might be a better term.
  • Reply 2 of 61
    common mancommon man Posts: 522member
    We will not win the war on terror until we unleash our power without mercy. We have the power, but they have the will. Until the left stands aside and we as a nation show the will to win, little will be accomplished.
  • Reply 3 of 61
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Yah, that's the ticket. Nuke 'em till they glow, right? Shear genius... you should run for election. The general populace is just dumb enough that you'd have a real shot as long as you are a convincing public speaker.
  • Reply 4 of 61
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    There will never be total victory in the War on Terror, simply because terrorism is something that a single individual can conduct. You will never have everyone on the planet happy with everyone else. Not even close.

And people's definitions of terrorism differ. It's now being considered terrorism when a group like the ELF burns a lumber yard. Is that really terrorism? I think not, but it's being reported as such. The point being the larger we make the umbrella underneath which we place things called terrorism we make the goal exponentially more difficult to achieve.

This is the core of the problem. The focus has been lost. Too many peripherals have been mixed into the equation.

It is completely impossible to end terrorism as we choose to define it at this moment. Period.
  • Reply 5 of 61
    newnew Posts: 3,244member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Common Man

We will not win the war on terror until we unleash our power without mercy. We have the power, but they have the will. Until the left stands aside and we as a nation show the will to win, little will be accomplished.

Boy, You got a little Hitler hidden inside, don't you?
  • Reply 6 of 61
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    The more terrorists (real terrorists) you kill, the more you will breed in the absence of a real political and social reform in the nations that they call home.
  • Reply 7 of 61
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Let's hear it. What would you do?
  • Reply 8 of 61
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    When I see this it makes me sad because something has to happen to make human beings do this.

Very sad.
  • Reply 9 of 61
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Everytime I read one of Common Boy's posts....I see images of the Nazi Youth.

That's sad news. My thoughts go out to the Johnson family.
  • Reply 10 of 61
    progmacprogmac Posts: 1,850member
    and all he was trying to do was get ahead in his career
  • Reply 11 of 61
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    The leftist terror sympathizers at ABC news have already declared the pictures too gruesome meanwhile they say, while showing Abu Ghraib pictures, that we are worse than the terrorists: what the fuck is that?

ABC news in the radio news at 1pm delaired the photos "too grusome for us to see"
  • Reply 12 of 61
    Quote:

Originally posted by progmac

and all he was trying to do was get ahead in his career

is that supposed to be a joke? because it's not funny.
  • Reply 13 of 61
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

The leftist terror sympathizers at ABC news have already declared the pictures too gruesome meanwhile they say, while showing Abu Ghraib pictures, that we are worse than the terrorists: what the fuck is that?

"Leftist terror Sympathizers" ??? Send them to Guantanamo!!! Gitmo the f*ckers!!

You know, anyone with a little....just a tiny little bit of common sense can see the difference between the two . Unless the pictures of Abu Ghraib showed beheaded prisoners....you are seriously struggling today.
  • Reply 14 of 61
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

Originally posted by rageous

There will never be total victory in the War on Terror, simply because terrorism is something that a single individual can conduct. You will never have everyone on the planet happy with everyone else. Not even close.

And people's definitions of terrorism differ. It's now being considered terrorism when a group like the ELF burns a lumber yard. Is that really terrorism? I think not, but it's being reported as such. The point being the larger we make the umbrella underneath which we place things called terrorism we make the goal exponentially more difficult to achieve.

This is the core of the problem. The focus has been lost. Too many peripherals have been mixed into the equation.

It is completely impossible to end terrorism as we choose to define it at this moment. Period.

I think that this is an important point. The words terrorism or terrorist are being applied to any person or group that does not agree with the current ruling party of the US. it's becoming ridiculous. Its a propoganda tactic.

The government has often "declared war" on ideas/concepts/things that you can't really declare war on. I.e. "The war on drugs". What the hell was that?

The definitions have gotten completely confused. But our government has learned that they need the public to percieve that we are at war against something in order to get what they want. The public does not question massive increases in defense spending, abuses of civil liberties, and the unecessary loss of life associated with "War" because they are being told by the mainstream media personalities that any critique is unpatriotic.
  • Reply 15 of 61
    playmakerplaymaker Posts: 511member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Everytime I read one of Common Boy's posts....I see images of the Nazi Youth.

That's sad news. My thoughts go out to the Johnson family.

thank you, this is where our thoughts should be.
  • Reply 16 of 61
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:

I will have to break with my tradition of being a "liberal-tree hugger", and say I believe that Common Man is right - logically. Unless every country apart from America is made to glow, there will always be terrorism. Then Americans will have to look at their own, and round anyone with any terrorist sympathy, and shoot them. Then there will be no terrorism.

As you can deduce, this scenario is, for all purposes, not possible, which is why the war on terrorism will never ever be won by using arms. $200 billion can buy alot of peace in the world, genuine peace, not bought silence.

Until all of the people in the world feel they have an equal footing in the big playground, there will be terrorism.
  • Reply 17 of 61
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

So, you think we can Triumph Over their WIll?

It's starting to look like the current leadership is on the right track for you: Comparison
  • Reply 18 of 61
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Splinemodel

I always wondered how it became "beheaded." I would think "deheaded" might be a better term.

Maybe it's called beheaded because the prefix bi means to split evenly (bisect, bifurcate) so they used 'b' instead of 'd'. *shrug*

On topic:

Violence begets violence. We can see this daily in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

I read a report once that said $17million a year would feed all the hungry people in the world. That's probably 1/1000th of a percent of our defense budget. Almost makes you wish some government would take a gamble and see if stopping hunger would reduce violence in the world.
  • Reply 19 of 61
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Let's address the damn topic or the thread will be closed.
  • Reply 20 of 61
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    Quote:

Originally posted by PBG4 Dude

I read a report once that said $17million a year would feed all the hungry people in the world. That's probably 1/1000th of a percent of our defense budget. Almost makes you wish some government would take a gamble and see if stopping hunger would reduce violence in the world.

That report is false. $17 million is not much money at all, and the are far more than 17 million starving people in the world.