ESPN is a fraud...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Top story on ESPN.

Phil Jackson?? The Lakers?

Third story on ESPN, in fine print: Parade in Detroit.

Excuse me ESPN, but didn't The Detroit Pistons manhandle the Los Angeles Fakers in the NBA finals this year? ABC and ESPN should be ashamed of themselves for all the butt-kissing they did for those frauds. One reason I couldn't stadn watching the NBA Finals this yeaar was because of ESPN's endless promotion of Shaq and Kobe and Phil and Karl and the Glove. Thye literally didn't give ANYONE else a chance.

And even while they were getting schooled on the court and being taught what a REAL team does to win, those sad, pathetic so-called 'announcers' ignored all that and did nothing but talk about Kobe this and Shaq that and Rick Fox this and Derek Fisher that. What a bunch of crap! It's just disgusting when sports announcers play favorites like that. Sure, turning the sound down might help but then at half time thye HAVE to show those pieces about the Lakers blah blah blah....

The ONLY people who should be disappointed are the REAL pure Laker fans, not those bandwagon losers who just latch on to the winning team of the moment. Pure Laker fans are the ones who suffered through the Van Excel, Vlade and Terry Teagle years...But even then the Fakers weren't that bad. I should know because I'm a diehard Sixers fan. and I know what it's like to suffer with bad teams. but as much as I'll curse out the Sixers every time they lose badly, I'll still support them. I like basketball but the Sixers are still my team.

ESPN's sports reporting is a joke. Get some real jounalists in there who aren't biased and looking to make themselves more famous than sports news. Brent Musberger was enough.

Stepping off the soapbox now...Hahahahahahahahahahaa.....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    One reason I couldn't stadn watching the NBA Finals this yeaar was because of ESPN's endless promotion of Shaq and Kobe and Phil and Karl and the Glove. Thye literally didn't give ANYONE else a chance.

You nailed it. The one thing that kept me from watching a whole game were those pathetic announcers. Give me a f*king break. The Lakers may be a good team but to continue to blab on about them when it has nothing to do with the game at hand is unacceptable. Give me back the old NBC announcers from five years ago. They werent the best in the world but at least they were talking about the game.
  • Reply 2 of 27
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Don't you guys have those sport radio shows that tell you to turn down the TV and turn up the radio? I think you'd like it better that way.
  • Reply 3 of 27
    I live in a town that has only two FM stations and CBC radio. I have very few choices when it comes to watching a game. But that will all change next year when I move to van for school. The only problem then will be that I wont have a tv. Guess Ill just have to listen to the games over the internet.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by O-Mac

Sure, turning the sound down might help but then at half time thye HAVE to show those pieces about the Lakers blah blah blah....

Yeah, blah blah blah is what your "post" is all about. All the idiots who call the Lakers the Fakers show how bitter they are because they're jealous of the success of a team of so-called "fakers".

Three straight championships....four NBA Finals in the last 5 years....you can only dream that your little teams have that type of success someday...or something even close to it.

Don't like ESPN.....change the channel....Enjoy your team's mediocrity while the Lakers rebuild and win more championships before your teams win ......something.

Hahahahahaha.
  • Reply 5 of 27
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    I dont watch espn - ever, eccept the rare occasion that the Packers are on SNF/MNF.

the sportscenter guys dont realy know anything, they just read scores and make dumbass comments.

Now lets talk NCAA hoops (my least favorite sport)

I may not like B-ball but I can tell you if the espn/abc nba team is as inept and strange as their lead on NCAA, Dick Vitale then ESPN will be the death of the NBA.

Cant speak to their HD but I can say that ABC and espn are the only major HD outlets to forego 1080i for 720p.

well...when Micky Mouse does sports this is what you get.
  • Reply 6 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Scott

Don't you guys have those sport radio shows that tell you to turn down the TV and turn up the radio? I think you'd like it better that way.

I get sports radio from 2 cities, Indy (pacers, colts) and Chi town (bears, cubs sox bulls hawlks) but I don't get coverage of teams that DONT TOTALY SUCK DONKEY NUTS, the bears?? my god, 1986 was a long time ago.
  • Reply 7 of 27
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    Yeah blah blah blah of course I'm jealous!!!

Some people don't want to admit that but I have no problem saying it.

I could only WISH the teams I liked could be so dominant.

But just like there's such a thing as sore losers there is also such a thing as sore winners....please, if you're winning as much and so dominant as the (F)Lakers, cut out the ridiculous whining. Freakin crybaby's every time something miniscule goes against them they have to cry at every microphone shoved in their face. Give me a break...

Hahahahahahahahaha....
  • Reply 8 of 27
    Is this thread a bash the Lakers or bash espn (neither of wich I particularly care for)
  • Reply 9 of 27
    o-maco-mac Posts: 777member
    It's both...ESPN used to be good until they started acting like they were bigger than the sports they were reporting...and the Lakers are the Yankees of basketball, the evil empire. Although, Boston is actually more like the Yankees in terms of titles, but LA is showtime glitz and glamour..

Bah, I've had enough bashing...When does football start!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!
  • Reply 10 of 27
    Quote:

Bah, I've had enough bashing...When does football start!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!

I also cant wait till the NFL season starts, Espn has the best nfl team with seasoned sports broadcasters like Rush Limbaugh and Dennis Miller...the talent scouts at ESPN/ABC obviously work hard seeking the best air tallant
  • Reply 11 of 27
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I hate to say it, but what happens to the Lakers now IS bigger news than the Pistons winning the NBA championship. There's too many facets to the Laker story to cover.

1) Covering the Lakers break-up is already a tribute to the Pistons victory in a way.

2) The Zen-Master is stepping down.

3) Shaq wants to be traded...this is HUGE.

4) Kobe is mum, but he will be a free agent.

5) What happens to GP and Karl now?

The Lakers are going to be destroyed in the off-season while the Pistons look healthy for years to come. What's more newsworthy?
  • Reply 12 of 27
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I hate to say it, but what happens to the Lakers now IS bigger news than the Pistons winning the NBA championship. There's too many facets to the Laker story to cover.

1) Covering the Lakers break-up is already a tribute to the Pistons victory in a way.

The Lakers are going to be destroyed in the off-season while the Pistons look healthy for years to come. What's more newsworthy?

and it's such big news because the lakers have been such a successful team in the past, now all of a sudden they are dissolving and might not even come close to the finals next year.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

and it's such big news because the lakers have been such a successful team in the past, now all of a sudden they are dissolving and might not even come close to the finals next year.

I beleve that the bulls breakup got the same level of coverage, as for bryant, He will be the MVP on the Colorado dept of correction championchip team.
  • Reply 14 of 27
    Quote:

But just like there's such a thing as sore losers there is also such a thing as sore winners....please, if you're winning as much and so dominant as the (F)Lakers, cut out the ridiculous whining.

Maybe you should start a thread about Lakers fans then instead of masquerading your dislike for them with ESPN. And speaking of ridiculous whining...you're pretty good at it. Brilliant!
    Quote:

Freakin crybaby's every time something miniscule goes against them they have to cry at every microphone shoved in their face. Give me a break...

You're all over the place now. From the fans to the players without you even noticing. God,it must really suck to be you.

Quote:

Right, yeah, ok. The Lakers almost went through this last year. But then Malone and Payton happened. Previously hated Malone was awesome albeit unlucky to have that freak injury that messed what was looking very good for the Lakers. Without Malone the Lakers would've been out in the second round.

Payton was a failed experiment. The irony is that now that Jackson is gone, Payton will probably stay another year.

Quote:

More like forced out. Jerry Buss/Kobe want a new coach.

Quote:

Yes it is.Of course, it's not really up to him. With such a huge. contract, it'll be very hard to move him.
    Quote:

It's been known for a while that Kobe was gonna opt out of his contract. That's not exactly news.

Opting out of his contract allows him to re-sign with the Lakers(if he really wants to stay and "run things"...not to mention if he gets over his legal problems)for the maximum allowed which is about $42 million more than any other club could pay him according to the latest Collective Bargaining Agreement. It appears Payton will stay another year, and Malone will get his knee checked out. If his knee is 100% fine by October(pre-season) then he'll give it one last shot.
    Quote:

Exactly. It's a bloody soap opera....and that type of crap sells very well.

All in all,the Lakers could end up even stronger than last year or could really suck as they get dismantled. The second scenario could be a blessing in disguise aswell. Why? Because the Lakers have been so succesful they haven't had a low draft pick(or lottery) in decades.

Then, without the monster contracts (Shaq's contract signed before the current CBA plus Kobe's alone almost put the Lakers over the salary cap.) would allow them to in a couple years sign a superstar type player like Yao Ming. In 2 years time, Yao should be the most dominant player in the NBA. Some say even more dominant than Shaq ever was.
  • Reply 15 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

I beleve that the bulls breakup got the same level of coverage, as for bryant, He will be the MVP on the Colorado dept of correction championchip team.

Yeah, and that Colorado team could probably beat YOUR NBA team for a "championchip" too . Those "championchips" ain't easy to come by.
  • Reply 16 of 27
    karl has already declared free-agency, he was first to jump.

detroit is probably glad they aren't getting this kind of attention. everybody is digging this. dynasties crumbling are always big news. plus coach brown predicted it. (that the lakers losing would be a bigger story than the pistons winning)

wouldn't it be funny if payton was the only guy to remain a laker? that would make my day.
  • Reply 17 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

karl has already declared free-agency, he was first to jump.

Umm, you do realize Karl opted out, or "jumped" as you called it, not because he doesn't want anything to do with the Lakers(which is what I think you're implying) but because it opens up his options for a more lucrative contract if he's able to come back? No, you probably didn't.
    Quote:

Malone declined his $1.65 million option with the Lakers, but this was simply a business decision. His agent, Dwight Manley, said if Malone plays for anyone next season, it will be the Lakers.

Link

He was worth much more than 1.5 million even though he missed half a season and re-injured his knee at the worst possible time.
  • Reply 18 of 27
    Just listen to sports radio online! sportingnews radio is great... (www.sportingnewsradio.com) especially since they just got a 56k stream... much better quality audio. Also, i listen to ESPN radio affiliate in Boise, Idaho... called KTIK. you can access that from www.ktik.com i think. Both can stream in real audio or iTunes (or wmp i think.... but who uses that?)

Radio is just better
  • Reply 19 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gilsch

Umm, you do realize Karl opted out, or "jumped" as you called it, not because he doesn't want anything to do with the Lakers(which is what I think you're implying) but because it opens up his options for a more lucrative contract if he's able to come back? No, you probably didn't. Link

He was worth much more than 1.5 million even though he missed half a season and re-injured his knee at the worst possible time.

jeez what's with the freakin' attitude? it's irrelevant why karl left, he left.

what are you his agent? cool your jets sparky!

he's only going to want to go somewhere where he can get a ring, and i don't see any of those teams a) wanting him, or b) giving him a more "lucrative" contract.
  • Reply 20 of 27
    scottibscottib Posts: 381member
    I'm a fervent Piston fan, and I'm more interested in the Lakers' immediate off-season plans.

C'mon, it's the Lakers; like the Yankees, Cowboys, and Red Wings (or Rangers--of US teams) of course they'll get all the news.

L.A. will be fine next year, as long as Kobe begins passing the ball 1 in 10 times. The dude's a freaking black hole.