clinton and 69 er uh 60 minutes

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
the interview was pathetic, excludeing the video of his mother, it was a bullsh*t fest.

And Bill, If the economy is so damnd bad then who can afford to buy your book?

btw: Dan rather talked about names Clinton has been called, he actually said "asshole" on broadcast television,

OH DEAR DAN SHOULD BE FIRED...Think of the KIDS, we wouldn?t take Janet and we will not take Dan. </sarcasm>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 87
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Funny. I kept thinking what an astonishing contrast there is between a bright, articulate man with a sense of history and proportion and the current occupant of the white house.
  • Reply 2 of 87
    Quote:

Originally posted by a_greer

the interview was pathetic, excludeing the video of his mother, it was a bullsh*t fest.

your spelling is pathetic. so is your ability to make a point.
  • Reply 3 of 87
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

btw: Dan rather talked about names Clinton has been called, he actually said "asshole" on broadcast television,

Rumor has it (over here at least) that that was partially bleeped out.
  • Reply 4 of 87
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    The difference between Bill Clinton and George W Bush when it comes to the ability to speak like an intelligent human being is astounding.

Joni Mitchell was right, you don't know what you got 'till it's gone.
  • Reply 5 of 87
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    Quote:

Originally posted by

Funny. I kept thinking what an astonishing contrast there is between a bright, articulate man with a sense of history and proportion and the current occupant of the white house.

LOL. Exactly.

Well said, addabox
  • Reply 6 of 87
    buckeyebuckeye Posts: 358member
    Quote:

OH DEAR DAN SHOULD BE FIRED...Think of the KIDS, we wouldn?t take Janet and we will not take Dan. </sarcasm>

Ofcourse it was a bullshit fest. Dan Rather is a terrible reporter who has made a career out of these types of softball interviews. Why would Bill take his fist interview with hiim if it wasn't going to be easy?

Nonetheless, it just goes to show why Bill Clinton is one of the most beloved Presidents in recent history. For some reason he comes across so well even though he is such a good liar.
  • Reply 7 of 87
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Joni Mitchell was right, you don't know what you got 'till it's gone.

Put up a parking lot.
  • Reply 8 of 87
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I get the same feeling when I see an a_greer thread that I do when the news anchor says "we would like to warn you, that the following may be too gruesome for young children to watch".

I know there is some seriously fucked up shit coming, but I can't quite stop myself from watching (or clicking).

Another great thread, sir.
  • Reply 9 of 87
    gilschgilsch Posts: 1,995member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

I get the same feeling when I see an a_greer thread that I do when the news anchor says "we would like to warn you, that the following may be too gruesome for young children to watch".

I know there is some seriously fucked up shit coming, but I can't quite stop myself from watching (or clicking).

Another great thread, sir.

This post made me spill my delicious vanilla coke. Seriously funny. I share your pain.
  • Reply 10 of 87
    a_greera_greer Posts: 4,594member
    Quote:

Originally posted by addabox

Nither of which appeared on last nights 60 minutes
  • Reply 11 of 87
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ebby

Rumor has it (over here at least) that that was partially bleeped out.

yes, it was strange, on our local affiliate, it was "ass-bleep-le"

all in all, great editing
  • Reply 12 of 87
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

yes, it was strange, on our local affiliate, it was "ass-bleep-le"

all in all, great editing

must be really hard for you....to...you know....handle that.
  • Reply 13 of 87
    Quote:

Fred I. Greenstein, a political scientist at Princeton widely admired for his writings on the presidency... proposes six measures for appraising the "leadership style" of presidents: public communication, organizational capacity, political skill, vision, cognitive style, and emotional intelligence. Clinton is strong on communication, political skill, and cognitive style (absorbing and using information). On the other three, he falls short. His White House and his personal decision-making style were chaotic. Despite the talk of a "third way" in public policy, he was hardly a visionary. And he stumbled badly on emotional intelligence, which Greenstein describes as "the president's ability to manage his emotions and turn them to constructive purposes, rather than being dominated by them, and allowing them to diminish his leadership." To Greenstein, emotional intelligence is the most important trait of a president. Clinton, he says, "provided a reminder that in the absence of emotional intelligence, the presidency is a defective instrument of democratic governance."

link

Sounds about right.
  • Reply 14 of 87
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

must be really hard for you....to...you know....handle that.

no, I can handle it but I simply wonder why they bleeped 'hole', but not 'ass'

to me it seems a little screwy, I was trying to point out what must be an editing fopaw, imho, with the stuff in prim time, I wonder why they bleeped anything.

And further more, why did dan rather bring it up? I mean who at that level hasn't been called an asshole once or twice?
  • Reply 15 of 87
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

...... And further more, why did dan rather bring it up? I mean who at that level hasn't been called an asshole once or twice?

Because television "news" is about half a degree off of tabloid naked aliens invented Oswald's shocking secret.
  • Reply 16 of 87
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    November draws closer and the desperation grows more frequent.
  • Reply 17 of 87
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

I was trying to point out what must be an editing fopaw...

You can't even spell English. Please don't even attempt to ape sophistication by using French phrases that you probably don't even know are French.

Faux pas. It's "faux pas". It means "false step".

Spelling might not be a completely accurate indication of intelligence and education, but there is some correlation, and you certainly don't need any extra help creating a bad impression.

For God's sake, get and use a spell checker! You come off like a complete buffoon with stuff like this. It's well beyond typos and typing too fast -- you clearly do not really know a lot of the words you attempt to use.

Fopaw.
  • Reply 18 of 87
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by shetline

You can't even spell English. Please don't even attempt to ape sophistication by using French phrases that you probably don't even know are French.

Faux pas. It's "faux pas". It means "false step".

Spelling might not be a completely accurate indication of intelligence and education, but there is some correlation, and you certainly don't need any extra help creating a bad impression.

For God's sake, get and use a spell checker! You come off like a complete buffoon with stuff like this. It's well beyond typos and typing too fast -- you clearly do not really know a lot of the words you attempt to use.

Fopaw.

Fopaw : I am french and did not understand it was related to faux pas. It seems I am in the wrong place to improve my english
  • Reply 19 of 87
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I totally made a fopaw the other day, when I served pork ordervs to some jewish frends. Damn!
  • Reply 20 of 87
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

Fopaw : I am french and did not understand it was related to faux pas. It seems I am in the wrong place to improve my english

Aside: Once, I had a student who, at the end of some major point, exclaimed in the essay "And WALLAH!" Ugh.

With that said, I agree with groverat. I missed the interview last night, but I've been watching Clinton speak lately whenever I get the chance. Did anyone see that 2+ hour speech he gave to kick off the book tour? MY GOD. The man spoke for over two hours, without notes, weaving together personal and private history, holding forth on political campaigns from the 19th century at length. Just astonishing, his intellect. It was like watching a Graham Swift novel get composed on the fly.

With that said, I think Clinton ought to be considered the exception when it comes to communication. No one, in my lifetime (which includes both Bushes, Reagan, Carter, and Nixon) comes anywhere close to being able to communicate like him. Not even Reagan, who could read the hell out of a speech, but didn't possess the ability to "hold forth" that Clinton can.

And Grover: While I agree with you that Joni Mitchell is the appropriate songwriter in this case, I would suggest "They paved paradise and put in a parking lot" as the lyric. Just my preference.